• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re build your team of T20 hacks

the big bambino

International Captain
Well done England and Pakistan. But the rest probably need to clean out their T20 teams. I know people are already talking about where there teams screwed up so perhaps you can nominate your squads. For Australia the rebuilding should've begun soon after the last WC. When in form a team like ours can dominate a competition. Plus we had a lot of good things happen to our team before the last WC. Haze surged, M Marsh blitzed no.3 and Wade's move down the order paid off. We got lucky with the toss. But it isn't a team that can maintain that class. So this time a lot of successful players last time were out of form. Then Tim David proved a hack. Haze was good as opposed to great. Same with Mitch Marsh. Green didn't make an impact and neither did Smith. So I think it became clear that even before we were grouped, these players should all go: Finch, Cummins, Smith, David, Kane and Wade. Ideally I'd like to punt fat head Stoinis and Maxwell too but not yet. Warner looks like he's flamed out too. So maybe this XI should be picked if playing tomorrow: Warner, Phillippe, M Marsh, Maxwell, Stoinis, Inglis, Green, Richardson (Jhye), Starc, Haze, Zampa.

4 bowlers in the top 7 to support the 4 main bowlers. If people don't like Green at 7 then maybe Hardie can come in. Though neither have really done well in T20 but they are both very good players. To complete a squad of 15 I'd have McDermott (despite his international record), Aaron Hardie, Ellis and Ashton Agar. Outside that lot would be Silk, Abbott, Ellis and Tanveer. At least the big bash should be interesting to watch this year.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon you’re right and Warner is done. They need to look beyond him anyway because if they don’t they’ll have another Arun situation in two years’ time

Xuhaib

International Coach
Whateveelr the result i hope this is Babar last T 20 match, will not happen though as T 20 is a really important format commercially for Pakistan players to maintain brand value.

Daemon

Genuinely don’t understand why people are out for David’s head. Fantastic record, done all the right things to get picked, has already had a couple of good knocks against decent attacks for Australia to prove he could be cut out for this level. Deserves a shot.

the big bambino

International Captain
^ Fair enough. There will be enough spots available in the Australian squad and David has as much chance of getting a spot if his form is good.

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
If I was allowed to choose an SA T20 team without Politics

1.Reeza Hendricks
2.Rilee Rossouw
3.Aiden Markram
4.Dewald Brevis
5.David Miller (C)
6.Tristan Stubbs (WK)
7.Duan Jansen
8.Marco Jansen
9.Gerald Coetzee
10.Annrich Nortje
11.Tabraiz Shamsi

Also part of squad : Lungi Ngidi , George Linde , Caleb Seleka , Donovan Ferreira, Grant Roleofson , Nandre Burger , Delano Potgieter

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
England's an ageing side. Need to bring through a few younger players. Will be interesting to see which older players are fazed out given most of them still playing at high level. 2024 tournament is in USA and West Indies. Rashid and Ali 34 and 35 years old respectively but no great spin options coming through so likely still important - hope they can last until then.

halba

International 12th Man

1.Reeza Hendricks
2.Rilee Rossouw
3.Aiden Markram
4.Dewald Brevis
5.David Miller (C)
6.Tristan Stubbs (WK)
7.Duan Jansen
8.Marco Jansen
9.Gerald Coetzee
10.Annrich Nortje
11.Tabraiz Shamsi

Also part of squad : Lungi Ngidi , George Linde , Caleb Seleka , Donovan Ferreira, Grant Roleofson , Nandre Burger , Delano Potgieter
i agree with this.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

1.Reeza Hendricks
2.Rilee Rossouw
3.Aiden Markram
4.Dewald Brevis
5.David Miller (C)
6.Tristan Stubbs (WK)
7.Duan Jansen
8.Marco Jansen
9.Gerald Coetzee
10.Annrich Nortje
11.Tabraiz Shamsi

No place for Rabada? I mean yes he undeewhelmed this WC but he is a potent bowler who can smack a few 6es when need arises

Whistler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England's an ageing side. Need to bring through a few younger players. Will be interesting to see which older players are fazed out given most of them still playing at high level. 2024 tournament is in USA and West Indies. Rashid and Ali 34 and 35 years old respectively but no great spin options coming through so likely still important - hope they can last until then.
Rehan Ahmed would walk into any T20 team in the world apart from England. It’s just unfortunate that he will have to wait for Rashid to retire.

Jack1

International Debutant
Rehan Ahmed would walk into any T20 team in the world apart from England. It’s just unfortunate that he will have to wait for Rashid to retire.
Unlikely and can’t be bothered debating. But not a chance he gets near Afghanistan’s team as an example.

Socerer 01

Rebuilding a shambles of an Indian side

1. Prithvi Shaw
  2. Ishan Kishan
  3. Sanju Samson
  4. SKY
  5. Rishabh Pant (wk)
  6. Hardik Pandya (c)
  7. Axar Patel
  8. Washington Sundar
  9. Deepak Chahar
  10. Ravi Bishnoi
  11. Arshdeep Singh

wheel Kohli in for important matches and keep him fit. if he wants to and is in good form he plays ahead of whichever one of Samson and Kishan is worse. Bumrah likewise plays only important matches and can replace whichever spinner is not needed depending on opposition. If all three needed he plays instead of Arshdeep. If Rahul can demonstrate mental strength maybe bring him back for Kishan

squad members: S. Iyer and Gill for tuktuk quota in top order and opener respectively, Malik for speed quota, Tilak Verma because he can hit in the middle order and also bowl, Shahbaz Ahmed for backup allrounder and develop the other youngster bowlers who are quick like Mavi, Tyagi, Prasidh etc. for ****s sake don’t include guys like Harshal and Mukesh Kumar who can only bowl medium pace and Avesh also as the dude sucks

Daemon

Rebuilding a shambles of an Indian side

1. Prithvi Shaw
  2. Ishan Kishan
  3. Sanju Samson
  4. SKY
  5. Rishabh Pant (wk)
  6. Hardik Pandya (c)
  7. Axar Patel
  8. Washington Sundar
  9. Deepak Chahar
  10. Ravi Bishnoi
  11. Arshdeep Singh

wheel Kohli in for important matches and keep him fit. if he wants to and is in good form he plays ahead of whichever one of Samson and Kishan is worse. Bumrah likewise plays only important matches and can replace whichever spinner is not needed depending on opposition. If all three needed he plays instead of Arshdeep. If Rahul can demonstrate mental strength maybe bring him back for Kishan

squad members: S. Iyer and Gill for tuktuk quota in top order and opener respectively, Malik for speed quota, Tilak Verma because he can hit in the middle order and also bowl, Shahbaz Ahmed for backup allrounder and develop the other youngster bowlers who are quick like Mavi, Tyagi, Prasidh etc. for ****s sake don’t include guys like Harshal and Mukesh Kumar who can only bowl medium pace and Avesh also as the dude sucks
Still looks pretty **** lol

I think Rahul out for Shaw is the no brainer. Kishan isn’t much chop imo. Rohit for one of the new kids like Jaiswal, Gaikwad, Gill or whatever could work. Or just make Pant open.

Bowling wise there’s not much to do other than give Bishnoi more game time and hope Bumrah is available.

Socerer 01

I think Rahul out for Shaw is the no brainer. Kishan isn’t much chop imo. Rohit for one of the new kids like Jaiswal, Gaikwad, Gill or whatever could work. Or just make Pant open.

Bowling wise there’s not much to do other than give Bishnoi more game time and hope Bumrah is available.
the new kids are all more tuktuk experts especially Gill. Jaiswal doesn’t even have much of good ipl performances. Kishan blows hot and cold but he can win games if he is set which is needed in openers for t20. Agree that he would be the first to go if we find a new talent that can do good or if Kohli stays. Pant I dont want opening, I think all he needs is proper backing instead of being shuffled everywhere in a proper position and five is fine

Chahar is really good imo but he keeps breaking down every month. may lack top pace but can swing the ball even on dead pitches and is more accurate than Bhuvi now. Sundar before injuries got him down was also terrific when bowling, remember him going for 6 rpo or under in the first ten overs. Arshdeep is a stud, Axar can do good on a helpful pitch and Bishnoi‘s last international match in this format was him shutting Pakistan down when everyone else was falling apart

this still feels like the makings of a good side tbh, Shaw if he can bring even half of what Sky did will be huge and Samson looks like he is ready to be an international batsman. Pant needs to go back to 2018-19 ipl form and that top six looks very competitive

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

3 Keepers and 3 spinners as well in that side, lol. We need to stop messing by picking every keeper coz he bats well. A lot of them are only able to bat that way when they are the designated wicketkeepers as well.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Burgey is 100% right on Derma Abbott by the way. Quality bowler who would walk into any other international XI. Perennially underrated

Hazelwood, Abbott, Ellis, Green and Zampa looks good. Maybe Meredith for extra pace or a bolter like Lance Morris
Agar and Tanveer Sangha the spin options