• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Raw Pace but Sprays It All Over

slowfinger

International Debutant
I don't remember ever seeing Devon Malcolm as he was but seeing him on Youtube and his career statistics surely has to be #1. Or was he really poorly captained ?

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
I don't remember ever seeing Devon Malcolm as he was but seeing him on Youtube and his career statistics surely has to be #1. Or was he really poorly captained ?
I've just been re-reading Michael Atherton's autobiography. He felt that Malcolm was badly treated by some of the coaches and selectors, and it undermined his confidence. Whereas Chris Lewis for example was just impossible to captain effectively.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mark Taylor rated him as fast as anyone he faced when he was on song. I think M Waugh said the same

SillyCowCorner1

Fair enough. Seems to have gone the journey every game there but T20 can be high variance like that.
Yeah, it's the nature of the game. Last night, Jason Roy tore into him...but he eventually got the last laugh, dismissing Roy with a slower delivery.

It's the first time that he actually got Roy's wicket in any game. His celebration was over-the-top. Speaks volume

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Dushmantha Chameera and Lahiru Kumara , I hope they can remain fit and focus more on accuracy, they often get carried away bowling 150+ , when they get it right they can be tough to handle .

Dazinho

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thought of Van Troost straight away upon seeing this thread - didn't he 'famously' injure Jimmy Adams?

Also a 'memorable' beamer in a match on TV back in the day. No danger of that bouncing!!

trundler

I thought of Van Troost straight away upon seeing this thread - didn't he 'famously' injure Jimmy Adams?

Also a 'memorable' beamer in a match on TV back in the day. No danger of that bouncing!!
Couldn't troost him to bowl a hoop down a hill