• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate these Rare Test Performances: Century and a 10-wicket haul, Botham's 114 and 13/106, Imran Khan's 117 and 11/180 , Shakib's 137 and 10/124

Whose performance was not the best and not the worse between these three players?

• Imran Khan

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ian Botham

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Shakib

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only 3 times in the history of this great game have this almost rare as smelling the a$$crack of the sasquatch happened...

Botham's performance was away, while Shakib and Imran's was at home.

I want you guys to rate these performances, also, for the poll, I want you to choose the one you think is middling.

Imran Khan: 117, 6/98 & 5/82 v India (Home)

Ian Botham: 114, 6/58 & 7/48 v India (Away)

Shakib: 137, 5/80 7 5/44 v Zimbabwe (Home)

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
Out of the three, obviously Botham's. It's an away performances and his batting and bowling were more impressive.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why? It's a better all-round performance.
He asked us to vote for the middling performance out of three specific performances that met a specific criteria. Other similar performances that don't meet the criteria are of no consequence even if they were better.

I think I'd rate them:

1. Botham
2. Imran
3. Shakib

So I voted for Imran.

Socerer 01

International Captain
He asked us to vote for the middling performance out of three specific performances that met a specific criteria. Other similar performances that don't meet the criteria are of no consequence even if they were better.

I think I'd rate them:

1. Botham
2. Imran
3. Shakib

So I voted for Imran.
the number of people who didn’t read the poll correctly and went with Botham…..

also inb4 they intended those votes

vandem

International 12th Man
Got to be Jacques Kallis's 139 and combined 7/47 against Bangladesh in Potchesfroom in 2005. Greatest all-round statpadding performance.
Hadlee's statpadding at Christchurch 1984 was pretty good, 99 (from 81 balls, in a match where NZ's opponents didn't reach 100 total in either innings), 3-16, 5-28.

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
To get those sort of figures away from home, and on pitch without a blade of grass when you’re only fast-medium is pretty impressive. Botham.