• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rashid Latif....a comedian

"Paul Nixon is the best wicketkeeper in the world at the moment. His collection is absolutely superb up at the stumps and to the fast bowlers. It's a shame he's been given the opportunity so late because he has been one of the best for a while."

Rashid Latif believes England have one clear positive from their CB Series nightmare ... well he did make 49 against New Zealand

BWAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahah

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But the bits about why he (apparently) is are not stupid at all.

If wicketkeepers were picked purely for wicketkeeping, and Nixon got a run and kept going as he has so far, he could be called the best in The World.

What's stupid is saying it after 7 games.

And totally ignoring the fact that his batting's been a touch on the hopeless side.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
He's also made horrible mistakes in two of his seven games so far. His first game was a disaster, which could probably be related to nerves, and last night he dropped a catch because he started appealing before he'd caught the ball. Which, needless to say, is a cardinal sin for a keeper.

But the bits about why he (apparently) is are not stupid at all.

If wicketkeepers were picked purely for wicketkeeping, and Nixon got a run and kept going as he has so far, he could be called the best in The World.

What's stupid is saying it after 7 games.

And totally ignoring the fact that his batting's been a touch on the hopeless side.
He had a bit of a shocker during the initial overs of I think it was the first match against Australia but other than that I don't remember him doin anything special.

He's also made horrible mistakes in two of his seven games so far. His first game was a disaster, which could probably be related to nerves, and last night he dropped a catch because he started appealing before he'd caught the ball. Which, needless to say, is a cardinal sin for a keeper.
But apparently, keep doing that and you'll soon be destined to be the world's premier glovesman.

shortpitched713

International Captain
He said one of the best in the world. Not too hard to believe, IMO, and you've got to give the guy some slack after hes probably been watching Akmal for an extended period of time.

ripper868

International Coach
Nixon does look sharp behind the stumps, some of his work has been lightning, pity hes 36 and cant bat. and whats that thing about taking the ball in front of the stumps all the time?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Meh. He's no more than solid. Ish. Never really been considered of the first water over here. It was certainly his batting (mainly in the 20/20 stuff) that got him noticed & he's clearly short at the highest level. Read is superior in both departments for mine, but, as someone else observed, Nixon has the better debating skills.

ripper868

International Coach
Meh. He's no more than solid. Ish. Never really been considered of the first water over here. It was certainly his batting (mainly in the 20/20 stuff) that got him noticed & he's clearly short at the highest level. Read is superior in both departments for mine, but, as someone else observed, Nixon has the better debating skills.
You mean **** talking skills right?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was it actually a catch?

No-one on Sky could be sure, and there are no Snickos there.

Can a C9 watcher tell us more?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe that's where Read has fallen short?

Being able to offer a bit of chatter has been considered important, and that's why Read's been dropped twice (ODIs in 2004 and Tests in 2006\07) without doing much\anything to deserve it?

Fiery

Banned
Was it actually a catch?

No-one on Sky could be sure, and there are no Snickos there.

Can a C9 watcher tell us more?
Was definitely a catch. Worst keeper mistake I've seen in a long time. Straight in the bread basket, started appealing and took his eye off the ball before it was in the gloves. I haven't seen anything much worse in beach cricket. And when he's batting, what's with all the reverse sweeps? He has no idea how to play it yet tries it every second ball. Terrible player...and mouthy git.