• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank players at each position (1-11)

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
# 3 List

1. Ricky Ponting
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Younis Khan
4. Stephen Fleming
5. Kumar Sangakarra
6. Alastair Cook
7. Ramnaresh Sarwan
8. Boeta Dippenaar

Seeing as we are rating the overall player and not simply their batting I think Fleming deserves his place largly due to his experience and exelent captaincy.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
thedarkmullet said:
Seeing as we are rating the overall player and not simply their batting I think Fleming deserves his place largly due to his experience and exelent captaincy.
IMO Flemings captaincy is overrated, and he hasn't done his batting talent justice either with an average of just 39, i'd easily pick Cook, Sarwan & Sanga ahead of him....

#3.

1.Ponting
2.Dravid
3.Sanga
4.Younis
5.Sarwan
6.Cook
7.Fleming
8.Dippenar

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You do wonder sometimes if people on this forum have actually seen Peter Fulton play. Then again if they did, they would say his not a number three batsman (in either Test or ODI)…

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
Clapo said:
IMO Flemings captaincy is overrated, and he hasn't done his batting talent justice either with an average of just 39, i'd easily pick Cook, Sarwan & Sanga ahead of him....

#3.

1.Ponting
2.Dravid
3.Sanga
4.Younis
5.Sarwan
6.Cook
7.Fleming
8.Dippenar
I don't think you can rate Cook above him, only having played 9 tests he has just just as much chance to stuff up his test career as he does to fully achieve his potential.
Flems 40 average is also superiour to Sarwans so he should to be rated above him, especially when the experience and the fact he is captain, despite how well you actually percieve his ability as one.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
You do wonder sometimes if people on this forum have actually seen Peter Fulton play. Then again if they did, they would say his not a number three batsman (in either Test or ODI)…
Despite the fact that he's played practically his entire first-class career (I don't know where to find stats) batting at number three?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Redman said:
Despite the fact that he's played practically his entire first-class career (I don't know where to find stats) batting at number three?
Well yes but this is in relation to international cricket and Peter Fulton does not bat at number three for New Zealand.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Well yes but this is in relation to international cricket and Peter Fulton does not bat at number three for New Zealand.
Yeah but he should do. Or maybe at 4 or 5. It's only His Royal Muppetness John Bracewell that makes him open.

adharcric

International Coach
TT Boy said:
He's batted half the time at 3 and half the time at 2 for New Zealand. His career is only 5 tests old anyways, what's the big deal?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TT Boy said:
He did in the last match agaist WI. Thats what the rankings were based off.