• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ram Slam T20 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Morris far too rusty after 2 games.

Supposedly SA Inv team plays Zimbabwe in a warm-up and AB will be playing in it. We should play Morkel and Morris in that game. Some bowlers take longer to get back in the groove than others.

Steyn and Philander look ahead of the curve.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Morris far too rusty after 2 games.

Supposedly SA Inv team plays Zimbabwe in a warm-up and AB will be playing in it. We should play Morkel and Morris in that game. Some bowlers take longer to get back in the groove than others.

Steyn and Philander look ahead of the curve.
Rabada also looking good.... don't think we should be playing Morris in the test team anyway.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rabada also looking good.... don't think we should be playing Morris in the test team anyway.
Yeah he hasn't been injured.

Morris will probably be in the squad though but won't start if he doesn't prove himself ready. But Morkel in the same boat.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Feel for the Warriors.

They basically need Smuts, Ingram, Ackermann, Jonker, Birch to all play well. Right now JJ is going through his typical struggle. Whilst Birch is their best bowler and gives his everything he is limited.

I also think it is so frustrating for a proud cricket region to not have a sponsor after losing Chevrolet 2 years ago.

In saying that, the Dolphins find ways to punch with the big boys. Not one of their seamers hits 130 with regularity but they accurate and skillful. Their batting line-up is a bit more dynamic though without stars.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
It wasn't publicised much but Tahir had heart problems a few weeks ago. First time I've seen him bowl since. Hopefully it was nothing too serious.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Easy win for the Titans even when tested a little bit like today.
Behardien showing his finishing skills again....

And my poor Warriors really need to hold onto some talent, unfortunately we tend to lose it to the national setup, kolpak or bigger unions.

SeamUp

International Coach
Behardien showing his finishing skills again....

And my poor Warriors really need to hold onto some talent, unfortunately we tend to lose it to the national setup, kolpak or bigger unions.
No one better than Miller, Duminy and Behardien in the country.

Now time for Behardien to do it for SA like the other 2 have and the reason they get picked before him more.

SeamUp

International Coach
Now dishing into Lucky. He is hitting it very well. Almost have to start looking at him for the SA T20 team.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
22nd Match (D/N), Ram Slam T20 Challenge at Port Elizabeth, Dec 3 2017 | Match Report | ESPNCricinfo

Vernon Philander had to pull out of Cobras' match against Warriors with an injury, but not the regular kind. His lower back and hamstring were perfectly fine but it was his hand with the problem. Philander had been bitten by his own dogs, as he tried to separate them during a scuffle. He required stitches and is expected to spend a week out of action.
Is this his daring new excuse to pull a sickie when he has to bowl on flat decks?

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
SeamUp, what speeds was Steyn hitting? I wonder what kind of role he will have when he returns to the test team. Do you still think he is capable of bowling short, quick spells or possibly more of Shuan Pollock type role to support Rabada and Morkel?

Bahseph

State Captain
From what I saw he was in the low to mid 130s in the first spell. SeamUp will probably be able to varify the speeds in the second spell. But he looked sharp. A far cry from his tentative first game.

SeamUp

International Coach
@Pup Clarke

Bahseph is right with the speeds from yesterday. He is easing into his work but the ball is zipping off the surface. And yesterday's dismissals were down to skill and nip in off the seam. Delight too watch.

I can't see Steyn being content with a less attacking role but he may not be able to hit 146-150 like he used to or maybe it is all part of the process and he will eventually get to that.

We got to remember Steyn in recent years was basically bowling pure skill with the new cherry and would turn on the heat in later spells when there was less movement.

So intriguing to see how he comes back that is for sure.

MediumFast

Cricket Spectator
@Pup Clarke

Bahseph is right with the speeds from yesterday. He is easing into his work but the ball is zipping off the surface. And yesterday's dismissals were down to skill and nip in off the seam. Delight too watch.

I can't see Steyn being content with a less attacking role but he may not be able to hit 146-150 like he used to or maybe it is all part of the process and he will eventually get to that.

We got to remember Steyn in recent years was basically bowling pure skill with the new cherry and would turn on the heat in later spells when there was less movement.

So intriguing to see how he comes back that is for sure.
Speed gun was a little off yesterday, even Dala and Olivier couldn't get it past 135kph. Steyn clocked 148.1kph at Centurion (see his 2nd wicket Adams I think) a couple of weeks ago with a few other deliveries over 140kph. He certainly looked sharper than Olivier and Dala yesterday in my opinion bowling a real full length with immense control.

SeamUp

International Coach
Speed gun was a little off yesterday, even Dala and Olivier couldn't get it past 135kph. Steyn clocked 148.1kph at Centurion (see his 2nd wicket Adams I think) a couple of weeks ago with a few other deliveries over 140kph. He certainly looked sharper than Olivier and Dala yesterday in my opinion bowling a real full length with immense control.
I thought so.

My mind must be doing tricks because I was sure he was.bowling into the 140s in the one game.

Then yesterday happened and I seemed to doubt my memory. Even Morris who normally always gets it around 140 wasn't. Some balls didn't even have the speed on them yday.