• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ram Slam T20 2017/18

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Cheers SeamUp for that info. Am a massive Steyn, and hope to see him consistently on the park in the twilight of his career.

SeamUp

International Coach
You guessed it. Supposedly pissing down in Durban. Again. I think the TV game is Dolphins v Lions :laugh: I'm trying so hard to watch Rickelton under pressure to see what the potential is and it will be the 3rd TV game in a row rained out for the Lions after his impressive debut.

At least Cobras v Knights looks ok :ph34r:

Standings

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah chances of a game in Durban today are very slim. It's been raining since 2pm yesterday.

Looking at the highest wicket taker table I'm happy to see Shamsi there. With Tahir at the end of his career we need him to step up in LO games.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The number of NR has turned this competition into even more of a farce than it was.... sad really.

SeamUp

International Coach
Parnell back to Warriors on loan for remainder of Ram Slam.

Another scorcher in the 30s in Cape Town.

Bahseph

State Captain
Went to the Dolphins vs Titans today. Glad my boys won but it was a weakened Titans team. A few notes :

- van Wyk and Vilas were excellent. Vilas really has some good striking ability.
- The Dolphins have a great attack for Kingsmead in its current incarnation. Lots of good spin and bowlers of good slower deliveries.
-Morne was back. He looked resonably sharp and was the only Titans bowler to rush the Dolphins.
-Jonathan Vandiar really looks out of shape. I remember watching him at U19 level and he looks 25kg heavier now. Doesn't move well. It's a shame cos he has such talent with the bat.

SeamUp

International Coach
Poor 37 year-old Henry Davids popped his knee in the warm-ups

Might effect which Saffers internationals play for balance.

SeamUp

International Coach
Can't fit Steyn or Morkel in :mellow:

Parnell has just become even ****ter. Can't even surprise with runs anymore.

Bahseph speaks about Vandiar. Funny enough they were captain and vice captain of the 2008 u19 CWC finalists vs Kohli's India and were the 2 golden boys. What disappointments.

But they weren't the only one's. Smuts, Vallie, Hendricks, Malan etc and Rossouw adds to the disappointment of going kolpak after all his years of hard work.

Bahseph

State Captain
Don't think Steyn was ever meant to play in this game to be honest.

I recently played social soccer with one of the players from that under 19 team, he said Vandiar has all the talent but he has no drive. It shows. It's sad because I thought he would be in our LO teams atleast by now.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah. Also says a lot for the number of teams he has played for. Trying his best impression of Inzy the last 5/6 years.

This is all set for a T20 Ingram master-class and they will need it to be competitive. Off to the Big Bash after this.

Just a pity about DS and MM because it is a SF

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much the hammering that was expected.... at least my Warriors got into the semis (4th/6th!!!!)

Little worried about the form of QDK, hope he gets a chance to score some runs before the India arrive.

Heboric

International Debutant
Shocking fielding by the Centurion crowd, dropped all their catches, more interested hanging on to their beer :)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Deep down we all knew this was happening. *sigh*
And the terrible thing is half the country is under water restrictions and in major drought scenarios. Hopefully we get some rain in the catchment areas and away from the cricket during the Indian and Aus tours.