• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rain stopped play??? Nooooo! (WI vs Ireland)

Deja moo

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
I knew the website existed - I have had it bookmarked for years (I used to work in Dublin and know a couple of the current Irish side)

I googled for it :smartass:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Funnily enough, the first place I looked was on the CricketArchive site - but of course the game was neither first class or list 'A'

Deja moo

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Funnily enough, the first place I looked was on the CricketArchive site - but of course the game was neither first class or list 'A'
But I'm sure you'll agree that the lack of first class status takes none of the sheen off the Irish performance .

I'm telling you ,Google is the Mecca of the internet.

Waughney

International Debutant
Irelands recent victory against WI is turning out to be a big story, I just saw it then a news bulletin in Australia (SBS). I had no idea that it would receive so much publicity!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revelation said:
Ponting had quite a lot to say about Lara, who incidentally is the WEST INDIES CAPTAIN and about West Indian team policy. Are you suffering some short term amnesia?? It was a couple months ago around the time someone was scoring the small task of 400*.
1/ Ponting never actually implicated Lara as selfish. All he said was that that isn't the Australian way and you, like so many others, apparently over-reacted.

2/ That has nothing to do with WI v Ireland which is what the point you referred to and the and the point my response was based on.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
With that useless middle order trio of Basil Butcher, Clive Lloyd and Clyde Walcott.
Exactly. 'Twas the strength of the Windies batting back then. Besides, I was more referring to the overall team than just the middle order batting.

brockley

International Captain
Jeremy bray an ex blue bag played for manly and stgeorge,also represented nsw like johnston,michael mason from worcestershire can play for ireland too i think.
If they can bt west indies,then they can bt zimbabwe which they already have and certainly beat bangladesh so why aaren't they playing international onedayers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

brockley said:
Jeremy bray an ex blue bag played for manly and stgeorge,also represented nsw like johnston,michael mason from worcestershire can play for ireland too i think.
If they can bt west indies,then they can bt zimbabwe which they already have and certainly beat bangladesh so why aaren't they playing international onedayers.
It's not quite so simple.

Waughney

International Debutant
brockley said:
ICC has made that mistake before with Bangladesh, and they were a much more impressive side.