• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question....

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Neil Pickup said:
Because for the last three/four years we've pretended Cricket Web is the 11th Test nation. It's basically one big role playing game with imaginary clubs, states, towns, cities, newspapers, etc, etc, but we try not to think of it like that as that just sounds pathetic.
:laugh:

Are we bad people?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This was kinda funny, but not nearly as funny as that Indian or Pakistani kid who applied for an off-season Club Cricket side in the US with a resume and so on.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Because for the last three/four years we've pretended Cricket Web is the 11th Test nation. It's basically one big role playing game with imaginary clubs, states, towns, cities, newspapers, etc, etc, but we try not to think of it like that as that just sounds pathetic.

When I mention it to my wife, she just pats me on the head, smiles in a funny way and says "Its ok, I still love you" :laugh:

Its fun, but certainly not easy to justify and explain

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
This was kinda funny, but not nearly as funny as that Indian or Pakistani kid who applied for an off-season Club Cricket side in the US with a resume and so on.
Link please!:laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Goughy said:
When I mention it to my wife, she just pats me on the head, smiles in a funny way and says "Its ok, I still love you" :laugh:
Haha, same thing happened to me when I told mine about my PC (Planet Cricket) league.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Suprised noone else brought this up before, i thought i'd imagined it. But yeah, agreed.

EDIT: Found it

Last edited:

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
That poor fella, and if he can bowl all of those well and be "off spinner like me who bowls much better then Murli" then why havent we heard of him before?

EDIT: Nice linking btw eyes

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
That poor fella, and if he can bowl all of those well and be "off spinner like me who bowls much better then Murli" then why havent we heard of him before?
If you put his name into google he had placed that resume all over. Looks to be at least a half decent player though

EDIT- Looks like that email may actually have got him a job. His email is shown in full and he is listed as overseas player for this club in 2006
http://litchboroughcricketclub.co.uk/Overseas Player.htm

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you put his name into google he had placed that resume all over. Looks to be at least a half decent player though

EDIT- Looks like that email may actually have got him a job. His email is shown in full and he is listed as overseas player for this club in 2006
http://litchboroughcricketclub.co.uk/Overseas Player.htm
Looking round the site, that 'overseas' piece reads as the ultimate form of demeaning the reply - taking it seriously. They look very much a beer and chips Sunday team.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Its fun, but certainly not easy to justify and explain
Imagine if you were the one running it.
Figures that I don't mention it to anyone outside of CW. Or if I do, I call it testing of a data output simulation.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Imagine if you were the one running it.
Figures that I don't mention it to anyone outside of CW. Or if I do, I call it testing of a data output simulation.
Yeah, not the sort of thing I admit to people. I get enough funny looks for writing for a cricket site anyway, apparently I'm supposed to be getting pissed at parties or something.