• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pro Cycling Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah England is such a parochial little island isn't it? I can't stand it sometimes, the whole nation is run by ignorant, xenophobic Daily Mail readers. But you musn't think we are all like that. I mean I support whoever I like regardless of nationality and I think most people do. Such behaviour tends to be confined to the right-wing press.

The crowds have been really impressive. I normally make contributions to Tour threads but since this particular thread started I am going to look like a five-minute fan. Maybe I am, but I do love the Tour, ever since 1994 (when I was 8) I've watched it.
Welcome, long time, no post.

Agritubel's Eduardo Gonzalo Ramirez has abandoned. So that is 189 started, 188 to go...

Craig

World Traveller
David Millar picks up the first KOM points on the Côte de Southborough (:lol: at being called Côte) and the lead is down to 4'44. Bunch finish.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Haha...How the hell does he do it? He was nowhere, absolutely nowhere to be seen and then he just sort of appears. And it's not like he left it to be close or anything, he was a full length ahead.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Farrout Mitchell making me reading this thread now after makin me sign up for that thing, anyway who else is part of it?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha...How the hell does he do it? He was nowhere, absolutely nowhere to be seen and then he just sort of appears. And it's not like he left it to be close or anything, he was a full length ahead.
One minute i was hoping Robbie Hunter would hang on and win it, next thing McEwen's blasted past from literally the back of the peleton and noone can answer it.

Matteh

Farrout Mitchell making me reading this thread now after makin me sign up for that thing, anyway who else is part of it?
'Craig Walsh
Greg Thomas
H%e5kon Mørk
jb's rangers
Manjunath Reddlapalli
Mathew Mitchell
Neil Pickup'

As far as i can see, these 7. Scoring doesn't start until tomorrow's stage though, which should be a bunch sprint again.

Craig

World Traveller
Looks like FDJ's Sébastien Chavanel actually looks like he will do something unlike his pompus over-rated brother Sylvain 'I earn 900k a year' Chavanel.

Craig

World Traveller
Nah, he was given the perfect run-in yesterday and still got beat by Hushovd.

McEwen again.
I saw today that he was hoping to be fit enough to start. But if he can race with virtually a broken neck, then I'm sure his hand will be no problem.

Johnners

Wow, what an awesome sprint from McEwen yesterday.

Quietly hoping that Cadel Evans can get himself on the podium in this years race.

Matteh

Big crash, Steegmans takes the stage from Boonen. Cancellara hurt, few others hurt as well.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Unbelievable finish to the stage today, reckon there will be a few abandonments overnight. It was never really in doubt that Quickstep were going to win the stage, they had so many in the front group after the crash, but I'm amazed Boonen didn't come through to take the victory.

Hushovd's turn to win tomorrow hopefully...

Craig

World Traveller
Unbelievable finish to the stage today, reckon there will be a few abandonments overnight. It was never really in doubt that Quickstep were going to win the stage, they had so many in the front group after the crash, but I'm amazed Boonen didn't come through to take the victory.

Hushovd's turn to win tomorrow hopefully...
Yeah but that is one of the unwritten rules of Pro Cycling, if a leader has the chance to give one of his workers a chance to win, he usually does. I didn't see it, what happened?

As for non-starters, one definate is DC rider Tomas Vaitkus (won a stage in the Giro last year and came in the top 6 in the RVV) won't be starting due to a shattered thumb. Worst luck though, missed the Giro due to a knee injury.

Last edited: