• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prithvi Shaw suspended for doping violation

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who was injecting ridiculously amounts of caffeine and why? Lol
Bloke's name was Alex Watson - Pentathlete. I think he cleared his name and competed again.

Which is understandable, because Australians aren't drug cheats. Never have been, never will be. Sure, Sam Riley never quite swam as fast again after testing positive to a "headache tablet", and Warney's mum was silly for giving him a masking agent so he'd look good on the tele. but these unusual incidents aside, you never hear of Australians cheating. And on the odd occasion it does happen, we ruin the lives of those caught out, instead of giving them lesser sanctions then promoting them to leadership positions, a la India and Dravid, or SA and Faf, to use but two examples.

TheJediBrah

Bloke's name was Alex Watson - Pentathlete. I think he cleared his name and competed again.

Which is understandable, because Australians aren't drug cheats. Never have been, never will be. Sure, Sam Riley never quite swam as fast again after testing positive to a "headache tablet", and Warney's mum was silly for giving him a masking agent so he'd look good on the tele. but these unusual incidents aside, you never hear of Australians cheating. And on the odd occasion it does happen, we ruin the lives of those caught out, instead of giving them lesser sanctions then promoting them to leadership positions, a la India and Dravid, or SA and Faf, to use but two examples.
Then of course there's that swimmer last week who's samples were clearly mixed up. Horribly bad luck.

But why? Just as a legal super stimulant? 140 cups of coffee would destroy your heart
All PEDs will have significant potential to hurt you in some way

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm not sure the performance enhancement regime is applicable to cricket. Not sure if most or any of the game's skill sets are enhanced by the prohibited substances. Can't see what he'd take that would enhance his batting.

TheJediBrah

Nah not in his case. A hitter like Dre Russ maybe. The only thing I can imagine helping would be some kind of relaxant, like a beta blocker, but only if he was a particularly nervous player. Benefit would be very limited though for cricket as I'd expect it would cause more than a bit of fatigue over the course of a match.

DriveClub

International Regular
They have that, it's just called the Olympics

they just happen to catch someone every now and then to make it seem legit
I know but I just want them to go full out. Have a limit on how much they can take so that they don't die on the field but yeah

Burgey

There's plenty of PEDs which aid your endurance. It's not just about how much they help you bench press.

TheJediBrah

Have a limit on how much they can take so that they don't die on the field
nah no limit can you imagine a 400m sprint where it's neck and neck until the 2 leads have massive strokes and drop so number 3 comes through and Bradburys it.

cnerd123

likes this
Does the ICC have a doping policy? Because it would be pretty cool if the BCCI is actually ahead of the curve on this.

Would like to know what the BCCI's doping is based on too.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm not sure the performance enhancement regime is applicable to cricket. Not sure if most or any of the game's skill sets are enhanced by the prohibited substances. Can't see what he'd take that would enhance his batting.
> Injury/pain management
> Improving endurance
> Enhanced focus/calmness (think amphetamines, although I'm not sure if they're considered a PED by most anti doping bodies)

Plenty of scope for PED abuse in modern day cricket, especially with the intense schedule and money available.

cnerd123

likes this
13 years behind? What makes you think the BCCI brought this code in yesterday

The article states the BCCI uses WADA code as well, and seemingly for all their high level domestic stuff. Pretty cool. Didn't think they cared enough about this stuff to do that. Good job BCCI.

Burgey

I think all international boards have to do so if they want to be part of ICC sanctioned series/ events.

cnerd123

likes this
Could be. Pretty sure that's not the case at Associate level. Might be sufficient to simply have a policy, with no questions asked as to how it's enforced.

There's got to be a logistical limit to how many players you can dope test domestically too. I wonder if BCCI/other boards go as far as to enforce this policy at the amateur/grassroots level? Not talking pathways, just recreational cricket.

CA's policy apparently applies to all member clubs at participants, but how on Earth do they enforce that? That's a whole lot of drug tests.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
No excuse for professional cricketers, especially the pampered lot in India, to not stay abreast of doping rules. This kid's career is stuttering before it even begins.

Burgey

Could be. Pretty sure that's not the case at Associate level. Might be sufficient to simply have a policy, with no questions asked as to how it's enforced.

There's got to be a logistical limit to how many players you can dope test domestically too. I wonder if BCCI/other boards go as far as to enforce this policy at the amateur/grassroots level? Not talking pathways, just recreational cricket.

CA's policy apparently applies to all member clubs at participants, but how on Earth do they enforce that? That's a whole lot of drug tests.
The testing is meant to be random. it's not so much about raw numbers tested, more the threat it could happen any time.

TheJediBrah

can you imagine if they drug tested recreational cricket? Pretty sure half my local comp would be testing positive for ice