• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post here when you’ve just appeared on live TV

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It wasn't live, but I think Scaly (god bless his soul) was a contestant on 'Countdown' a few years ago.

And JB Mac would almost certainly have appeared on live TV in the late 1970s.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I once went on a BBC game show called 1 vs 100. I didn't get to play properly or win any money, but looking at old episodes on youtube reveals that they did show footage of people in the '100' so it's possible I made a real appearance.

Example episode

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have been on crowd shots of cricket games but CBF'd going through play by play videos to find myself. All our relatives caught me and my cousin at a game when he was like 12 and I was 9 and we went alone to the game. The 1993 Ind V Eng test match, the day Sachin made 160 odd and Amre and Kapil and More were smoking them.

Shri

Mr. Glass
i was on ndtv circa 2010 saying that lecturers who knew students personally shouldn't be grading our papers because no one should trust them to be fair with the lecturer who put me on the interview standing next to me looking awkward and i was smirking/trying not to laugh and everyone was like wtf

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not live but there’s footage of me bowling and fielding in a school finals that appeared in a 20 second clip on the 9pm news. Picture in the paper next day too together with a few others celebrating a wicket. I only took 2-25 and didn’t bat but it was pretty cool.

Bijed

International Regular
I don't think it got shown live, but I made a brief appearance on camera as I walked the final stretch of Ten Tors. I was ready to fall asleep as I walked by that point, so I didn't actually notice the camera at all and was told by people who'd watched the news that evening that I'd been on

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Many years ago I was approached by an ITV Meridian reporter and camera crew as I left Reading Magistrates Court having, so they believed, just represented a B list celebrity in connection with an allegation of assault - I didn't know at the time but a court usher had been slipped a tenner to point them in my direction whilst said celebrity and her legal team sneaked out of the side door - I don't suppose the quizzical look on my face as I said 'I'm sorry I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about' created the best impression on the viewing public

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I almost got on live TV once in 2017 (or whenever the ban from certain Muslim nations went into effect). I was at the O'Hare airport dropping off my dad when a local TV reporter lady and a cameraman approached me to get my opinion on the executive order. It was actually the first I had heard of it so my reaction was a bit obvious and my opinion a bit sharp, so the lady asked me if I would be willing to share my opinion on live TV. I did a quick risk assessment of speaking negatively about Trump while brown and with an unkempt beard, said thanks but no thanks and hightailed it out of there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I almost got on live TV once in 2017 (or whenever the ban from certain Muslim nations went into effect). I was at the O'Hare airport dropping off my dad when a local TV reporter lady and a cameraman approached me to get my opinion on the executive order. It was actually the first I had heard of it so my reaction was a bit obvious and my opinion a bit sharp, so the lady asked me if I would be willing to share my opinion on live TV. I did a quick risk assessment of speaking negatively about Trump while brown and with an unkempt beard, said thanks but no thanks and hightailed it out of there.
yeah, prudent given how the midwest is.