• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - New Zealand, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Scotland

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand play Italy tonight at a late-ish time for New Zealanders of 11.45pm. New Zealand without Smith (hamstring), Thorne (failed fitness test) and Robinson (probably anything). Big issue now is in the locks - with Jack and Williams starting, the next best option appears to be Sione Lauaki. :wacko: Also interesting to see Muliana now starting in the mid-field with MacDonald at fullback instead of Toeava.

My pick - New Zealand by plenty, I'll go with 75-3.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
WRT the TV coverage on 3 , did anyone else think the Teams (players names) were given in too small lettering to be able to read when the Teams were displayed on the screen at start of the game... Also the score was displayed in very small size as well during the game.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Too early to say this but, NZ's Crunch game will be the Quarter Final against France it would seem....

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
WRT the TV coverage on 3 , did anyone else think the Teams (players names) were given in too small lettering to be able to read when the Teams were displayed on the screen at start of the game... Also the score was displayed in very small size as well during the game.
Personally I didn't have too much of a problem but I admit its not exactly the clearest a la Sky.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought the graphics were quite poor TBH, that could've been because I was watching it on my 14" TV. I'm cutting my rugby breakup short in order to watch this game, so it better be good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I thought the graphics were quite poor TBH, that could've been because I was watching it on my 14" TV. I'm cutting my rugby breakup short in order to watch this game, so it better be good.
Less than confident, in all honesty. Think the Italians might be slightly keeping their powder dry for the big one against the sweaties as there's no Pez at 10.

Nice to see Stanojevic get a start tho; despite the name he's actually a Brummie who qualifies through an Italian mum.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
64 seconds that took. McCaw powers through the defence like a knife through butter. Hard day at the office for the Italians ahead. 8-)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stanojevic's parents run a hotel in Warwick apparently.

NZ very impressive the first 20 mins before Italy started to actually play. Great intercept try though by Stanjoevic tbh.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
New Zealand too strong for Italy. Our World Cup will start next Tuesday against Romania.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
No. Perhaps not in terms of competitiveness, but yesterday was a mess. So many errors, so much fussing about. So hard to watch union when it's like that. Both sides were far easier on the eye today, and I really enjoyed the second half.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No. Perhaps not in terms of competitiveness, but yesterday was a mess. So many errors, so much fussing about. So hard to watch union when it's like that. Both sides were far easier on the eye today, and I really enjoyed the second half.
Spoken like a league fan. :p

Today was just basketball Rugby with NZ in the Harlem Globetrotters role. They were clinical, but Italy were woeful for long stretches. Far more to enjoy in yesterday's game; Los Pumas came with a definite game plan (to keep it tight & pepper Haymans with as many garryowens as possible) & executed it pretty damn well.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
It was difficult to gauge anything from the All Blacks' performance since there was barely any structure to the game. Italy didn't give them a match. There were a few positives, however, particularly Carter's kicking game and Leon McDonald having his best Test in quite some time.

I agree that it was easier to watch than the opener, though. France were awful & Argentina's game plan was ugly. Love those Mighty Pumas though.