• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Namibia, Canada

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have just entered 31 Nambian players into the fantasy calculator so I'm... kind of supporting them?

I've learned their name at least. Disappointed that Prince !Gaoseb (exclamation mark included) won't make an appearance today

Howe_zat

Audio File
The lower tier nations have a lot of good stuff about them but getting smashed in the set piece is likely to be a recurring theme.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ref has stopped Sergio Parisse from scoring twice in a few minutes. Once when Italy were walking over and he awarded them a penalty rather than playing advantage, and once by literally standing in the channel he was running through.

Blocking Parisse also makes him Namibia's best defender so far.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Two really nice tries for Italy - Tebaldi's worth looking at the highlights for - but they should be 30 points up, not 14

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that third try was just sensational. But still a comfortable win for Italy in the end.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Aw.

I can't pretend there was any tension but I enjoyed it, 10 tries in the soaking wet is about all you can ask for.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I have just entered 31 Nambian players into the fantasy calculator so I'm... kind of supporting them?

I've learned their name at least. Disappointed that Prince !Gaoseb (exclamation mark included) won't make an appearance today
yay for Khoikhoi clicks

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I really thought Canada were better than this. From a fantasy team PoV having so many NZ ans Bokke in my team with a group of Nambia and Canada bodes well.

ripper868

International Coach
Have blown 3 good opportunities cities to score, playing much better now, just lack the quality to finish (outside of DTH who is decent)

ripper868

International Coach
Far better last 25 by Canada, if they'd taken a couple of their chances itd be 17-14ish, seem to have grown into the game, that or Italy lacking the killer instinct to keep the throat on the foot.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Canada have been rubbish for years now, even in 2nd tier stuff. Just making up the numbers and wouldn't have qualified without the REC controversy last year.

Italy's priority should be to nil them I think, they need a huge defence by if they've any chance of overturning the Boks again.

Edit: They concede just as I post. I suppose there's worse times to take your foot off the gas.

Last edited: