• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who could be other players

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a thread for making connections between players who are similar to other players in style or manner or in some other way that isn't just statistically.

I'll start.

Kohli could be Ponting. Both players are aggressive batsmen who rub the opposition up the wrong way and who failed for extended periods in Australia vs India tests in India while scoring heavily in Australia.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
How about Marnus Charlemagne? You'd think a player such as that would make an empirical impact on any given situation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was this NZ or England leggie who had a very similar action to Warney. Played against SA and Klusener took him to the cleaners. Did not play again I think. Forgot his name.

EDIT: Was a blond leggie obviously. Think it was Brooke Walker or something.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Here are few pair of players I almost always connect in my head:

• Greame Pollock and George Headley -- near identical test batting average in nearly same number of games, careers curtailed by politics/war.
  • Clive Lloyd and Neil Harvey -- both left handed batsmen regarded as great even though their batting averages were just shy of 50.
  • Bruce Mitchell and Dudley Nourse -- both SA legends from their early years.