• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who are probably going to retire from ODIs after this World Cup

srbhkshk

International Captain
Amla , Dhoni , Steyn , Malinga , Faf(?) , Malik , Hafeez and I'm sure I have missed many.

Seems like the list is a LOT bigger than some of the previous world cups.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Amla , Dhoni , Steyn , Malinga , Faf(?) , Malik , Hafeez and I'm sure I have missed many.

Seems like the list is a LOT bigger than some of the previous world cups.
>tfw you remember all these players (except maybe Malik?) debuting

I think this is the first WC it's been a thing for me. Feeling old.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
>tfw you remember all these players (except maybe Malik?) debuting

I think this is the first WC it's been a thing for me. Feeling old.
First time the players retiring from the sport are all younger or similar age to me (except Tahir and Malik)... yes feeling old.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Faf will stick around for a while but probably won't make the next cup. Mostly agree on the rest from the OP.

Morgan and Plunkett the most likely from England but I don't think they'll lose anyone, at least not straight away

cnerd123

likes this
I think this WC might be a last hurrah for Kedar Jadhav too. He's already 34. We need to move on to new middle order options for the next WC

As for BD...Tamim is 30, Shakib and Mushy are 32, Mahmadullah 33. Could be the last WC for all of them, although making it to 2023 isn't out of the question.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this WC might be a last hurrah for Kedar Jadhav too. He's already 34. We need to move on to new middle order options for the next WC

As for BD...Tamim is 30, Shakib and Mushy are 32, Mahmadullah 33. Could be the last WC for all of them, although making it to 2023 isn't out of the question.
Damn that's gonna leave a hole in their line up when they move on

Gotta blood Sabbir Rahman now! Bat him 3