• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Ratings - As We Go By...

TumTum

Banned
Haha. Well Khawaja's been inconsistent but I definitely think a double hundred and a 60+ average earns him more than 2 FFS.
Most recent performances hold more value. Although I thought Khawaja was doing considerably worse than an average of 53.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha. Well Khawaja's been inconsistent but I definitely think a double hundred and a 60+ average earns him more than 2 FFS.
Yeah wtf.

The **** has scored the most runs in the Sheffield shield at an average of 68.

I love the Prince more than most*, but how you can give him 4/10 and Khawaja 2 is totally beyond me.

*No homo.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watson: 6
Katich: 5
Ponting: 6
Clarke:1
Hussey: 9
North: 3
Haddin: 8
Johnson: 1
Doherty: 5
Hilfenhaus: 4
Siddle: 7

Strauss: 8
Cook: 9
Trott: 8
Pietersen: 5
Collingwood: 1
Bell: 7
Prior: 4
Broad: 5
Swann: 4
Anderson: 7
Finn: 7

andyc

Yeah wtf.

The **** has scored the most runs in the Sheffield shield at an average of 68.

I love the Prince more than most*, but how you can give him 4/10 and Khawaja 2 is totally beyond me.

*No homo.
Ferguson getting 6 to Usman's 2 is what did me.

grecian

Finn wasn't as good as Anderson or Siddle. Collingwood wasn't that bad.
Colly dropped a catch, scored no runs and took no wickets, not sure why he deserved any more then one.

Not really going to get into Finn, as the argument is clearly going around in circles with many on here, but I always like someone who can clean up the tail, England have had problems with this in the past, so I'm not one to poo-poo it. Also think he got some balls to bounce on an utterly dead track. Siddle was as bad in the second innings as he was good in the first.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but if you can bowl well at the top order then you might be cleaning up the tail with 250 instead of 450 on the board

Spark

Global Moderator
Katich 4 - poor bloke. All I'm going to say. Runout probably his fault though.
Watson 6 - Bowled economically, but 50-60's don't win/draw tests, k?
Ponting 1 - oh dear
Clarke 7 - oh dear first innings, the one batsman I felt who could draw this for us second innings. Get off strike last over!
Hussey 8 - 245 is bad, but I don't want to imagine the situation we would have been in without him first dig... had quite a bit of luck second dig but played well. Dropped a critical, critical catch, though.
North 3 - ...
Haddin 5 - batted well first dig
Harris 6 - definitely our best bowler, king pair a bad look
Doherty 0.5 - dear me
Siddle 2 - bowled some good balls and nothing in between
Bollinger 1 - short of match fitness

Of course you ask around, it'll be Clarke's fault. ****s.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
AWTA, except given the pitch, I'd swap Siddle and North. Almost nothing Siddle could do on the 4th day and at least kept his bowling a bit tight.

morgieb

Katich 5: Fought hard, and was unlucky in the first innings.
Watson 7: Generally pretty good.
Ponting 3: Needed to knuckle down and do something, he didn't.
Clarke 7: Very good in the second innings, got out at a stupid time though.
Hussey 8: Same, except he was also very good in the first innings.
North 4: You'd expect that after getting 2 starts he'd make a score. Which he didn't.
Haddin 5.5: ****ed up in the 2nd innings, and was pretty rubbish with the gloves.
Harris 6.5: Bowled pretty good, was unlucky.
Doherty 1: Worst bowler to ever play for Australia. The 1 is for getting KP out.
Siddle 3: Poor
Bollinger 2.5: ****house, but may have been underdone.

Strauss 1: Once again, sucked.
Cook 9.5: Another great innings by him.
Trott 8: Also batted pretty good.
Pietersen 10: He's back, it seems. Also took the crucial wicket of Clarke.
Collingwood 6: Was better than the 2nd test, didn't feel that comfortable until later in his innings however.
Bell 8: Was looking good until Strauss declared.
Prior 6.5: Didn't do a lot wrong, wasn't out and out spectacular however.
Broad 4: Pretty meh, though he was unfit.
Swann 7.5: Bowled very good in the 2nd innings and decent in the first.
Anderson 8: Excellent in the first innings and made a game winning spell in the final innings.
Finn 5: Was OK, but didn't really bowl all that well.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Once again sucked? What the **** are you talking about mate, did you miss his huge ton or something?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure what Ponting did to deserve 3. Made no runs and led his team to their biggest home defeat in decades.

morgieb

Not sure what Ponting did to deserve 3. Made no runs and led his team to their biggest home defeat in decades.
3/10 is low mate. Might have been lower, but there were players that sucked more than him.