• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

player of the series

halba

International 12th Man
4th test - probably draw

Series -draw I assume

Obviously, more weight given to players that play all 5 tests..

It's going to be Stokes IMHO

loterry1994

International Debutant
I’d say stokes so far but i don’t think there’s a players that has fully stood out from the rest. A lot of people had good fivefers or century’s but also had poor performances in between other tests.

Stokes decorations weren’t good though the first test I just didn’t understand why stop when they could have had say a 60 run lead at least. This tests declaration I don’t blame him for it they did pretty much all they can do to force a result and bowled aus out for an under par total and then they came out and scored at near 6 an over.

But thought day 2 last hour when they decided to block it and also day 3 when people were getting closer to milestones he could of declared it 1 hour before lunch with a 150-170 run lead and have more time to bowl them out

Silver Silva

International Debutant
It's been a weird series..Nobody really stands out. 2-2 would be fitting ..
Basically it's the series of the Bench Strength ..

Mitchell Starc and Mitchell Marsh improved Aus massively , Chris Woakes and Mark Wood upgraded England in a huge way aswell..
If Aus win 3-1 I really don't know what the adjudicator of the award will do , if Stokes performs again in the final test I would have to give to him even if England lose 3-1 ..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don’t think anyone really stands out. So just toss it up between the top run scorer and top wicket taker.

Boags

Cricket Spectator
There's a few in the running, it'll depend who makes the difference at the Oval.

For England, Broad's been the best bowler over 5 tests. Woakes and Wood have come in late but have made a bigger impact. Stokes played great innings at Lords and Headingley, if Creepy makes decent scores he'll have a case.

For Australia, it's probably between Khawaja and Starc, if Marsh has another good game, then maybe him.

If there was no more play in the series, I might say Woakes for England and Starc for Australia.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah Broad imo.
Although, OT showed that those who have effectively played 5 Tests on the bounce (him and Cummins) are seemingly running on empty. I'd rest Broad at The Oval. Cummins clearly doesn't get that option.