• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player cap

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
adhgld.jpg
Caps like Cricket players are normally called "Baseball cap", including regions in which there is almost no Baseball like Britain. Could you tell me why? Before the birth of Baseball, was there no player cap in Cricket?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
A quick wiki search tells me that the modern day Baseball cap first became popular around 1900. The Baggy Green that the Aussies wear was around just before then.

But to answer your question, I guess its a matter of taste and the Baseball cap has become really popular and is comfortable to wear. I personally think that the Baggy Green looks far better than the Baseball cap.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
View attachment 21293
Caps like Cricket players are normally called "Baseball cap", including regions in which there is almost no Baseball like Britain. Could you tell me why? Before the birth of Baseball, was there no player cap in Cricket?
Cricket caps traditionally (and still do) look like…

The one day team now wears something more like a baseball cap, but this is relatively recent…

No one calls a cricket cap a "baseball cap" though. Maybe a "baseball style cap". But the traditional type of cricket cap is a skull type cap, like the top pic.

The origins of the cricket cap are hard to discern, however prints showing the game being played in the eighteenth century, already depict players wearing a variety similar versions of the traditional cricket cap.
Cricket cap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
There is a Muslim player in Scotland's Women team. She wears Muslim scarf. I think that there must be the rule that colour of Muslim scarf should be same as other players' cap.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There is a Muslim player in Scotland's Women team. She wears Muslim scarf. I think that there must be the rule that colour of Muslim scarf should be same as other players' cap.
I don't. Because it's not important at all that cricketers from opposing teams be discernible from each other...