• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People with big mouth....

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
often end up with egg on their faces :p

Prime example is V Sehwag, who seems to be getting worse than Akhtar. Akhtar infact seems to have learnt a lesson and these days he doesn't seems to be shooting his mouth off, but Sehwag is plain dumb.

After scoring 254 in first match Sehwag said that he loved facing Pakistani bowlers! That Pakistan were scarred of India, and they only wanted to draw matches and were not thing of victory.Granted he played a great knock and has scored alot of runs, but what was the need of comming up with such a stupid statement?? I mean Younis Khan has scored more runs than any batsmen in current Indo_pak contest but he's always modest.Sehwag flopped in three consecutive innings after all that big talk.

Inzamam retaliated to Sehwag's statement by saying that he would like to do his bat talking ... a smarter and mature approach which yielded good result for him and his team.

I just hope Sehwag keeps his mouth shut in Onedayers and don't get orgasmic after scoring a ton in OD series:@

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:

Prime example is V Sehwag, who seems to be getting worse than Akhtar. Akhtar infact seems to have learnt a lesson and these days he doesn't seems to be shooting his mouth off, but Sehwag is plain dumb.

After scoring 254 in first match Sehwag said that he loved facing Pakistani bowlers! That Pakistan were scarred of India, and they only wanted to draw matches and were not thing of victory.Granted he played a great knock and has scored alot of runs, but what was the need of comming up with such a stupid statement?? I mean Younis Khan has scored more runs than any batsmen in current Indo_pak contest but he's always modest.Sehwag flopped in three consecutive innings after all that big talk.

Inzamam retaliated to Sehwag's statement by saying that he would like to do his bat talking ... a smarter and mature approach which yielded good result for him and his team.

I just hope Sehwag keeps his mouth shut in Onedayers and don't get orgasmic after scoring a ton in OD series:@
What a surprising thread from a Pakistan fan... 8-)

adharcric

International Coach
warrioryohannan said:
I'll be more than happy if Sehwag gets 7 opportunities to get orgasmic in this one-day series. He can do as he pleases, as long as we win.

Deja moo

International Captain
warrioryohannan said:

I'd like to see you provide proof of him having said this, you troll.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
adharcric said:
I'll be more than happy if Sehwag gets 7 opportunities to get orgasmic in this one-day series. He can do as he pleases, as long as we win.

He should ensure that team India wins & play the match on the ground instead of shooting his mouth off at press conference (did Akhtar contaminated him??)

Please don't call names, as for proof, go ahead and do research on net urself8-)

Choora

State Regular
Sehwag likes to show off, much like Akhtar. Both are great sports men but happens to act like immature at times.

Noone has dominated the bowlers more than Tendulkar but look how humble he is, he never tries to mock or humiliate the bowler.

One last thing, if you make a big claim, then better live upto it, or get prepared for embaressment!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jeff Thomson calling Hoggard a net bowler..

In fact, pretty much everyone of any major influence in international cricket has too big a mouth on them these days.. Except Rahul Dravid, and Shaun Pollock was nice and quiet..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deja moo said:
What Sehwag actually went on record as saying was....

(extracted from cricinfo article)

Commenting that a result-oriented surface would have been a better idea, Sehwag said that India were prepared to play on any kind of pitch. "Pakistan probably didn't want to prepare seaming tracks," he said, "and thought that their bowlers will get us out on flat, hard wickets. But we fought back well and are ready to play on any sort of track. It's not a good wicket for a Test match and if we have to play a drawn series, there is no use coming here. I don't think it will produce a result and tomorrow will be more like batting practice."

Deja moo

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
What Sehwag actually went on record as saying was....

(extracted from cricinfo article)

Commenting that a result-oriented surface would have been a better idea, Sehwag said that India were prepared to play on any kind of pitch. "Pakistan probably didn't want to prepare seaming tracks," he said, "and thought that their bowlers will get us out on flat, hard wickets. But we fought back well and are ready to play on any sort of track. It's not a good wicket for a Test match and if we have to play a drawn series, there is no use coming here. I don't think it will produce a result and tomorrow will be more like batting practice."
As I said, nothing to suggest that Pakistan were scared of India or were thinking of draws and not victory.

deeps

International 12th Man
Jono said:
Viru is Viru. :)
yup and you can all be in love with him, but when an aussie says something like that, or an englishman, you start calling him big headed etc. When an indian youngster comes through and does somethin decent, everyone says he's god. They talk him up so much. They almost always over-estimate their team. All this happens THROUGHOUT india, and then the players get big heads too. (some of them). The indian fans are so biased, they are absolutely blinded by some of the stupid comments they make. There are some on this board itself, that say some utterly ridicilous things, and they don't seem to notice how stupid it is.

Dhoni has one good innings, and all of a sudden, he's better than gilly
Pathan makes a couple of good knocks and he's the best all rounder in the world
the list goes on and on and on.

(i'm not saying YOU as in YOU jono, infact i dnt mean u at all, i'm talkin about indian fans in general..and for the record, i was born in australia, parents are both from india, and i support pakistan)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, I'm happy you had that last sentence because I thought that was all aimed at me :p