• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

people who aren't cricketers draft pt deux

Shady Slim

International Coach
please read all of the rules or you're a huge nerd with no friends

i tried to run this draft a while ago and it was a boatload of fun but then hitler got picked and it all got a bit on the nose and petered out; here i am running it again!

the rules:
-signups for the general public will open the moment the clock ticks over to tuesday australian eastern time (i'm posing this thread at just after 10am), the reason for this being i'll give everyone from the original version of this draft a chance to join up first given the original didn't finish. however, if you weren't part of the original group you can still put your name down and if there is space available come tuesday (and on a first come first served basis) you'll be put on the list retroactively
-your pool to pick from is everyone who isn't a professional cricketer, both real and fictional and human and nonhuman
-no hitler
-people such as james brayshaw who were pro cricketers but sucked and now aren't are also off the board; but if you were gonna use a valuable pick on james brayshaw anyways i suggest this isn't for you, and a more intellectually suited pursuit would be a find a word or something
-actually tbh i quite like find a words i did them with my nan when i was little
-it's okay and encouraged to be edgy and funny with your picks as long as they aren't too offensive, so try and stay away from just ripping in to religion or political beliefs or whatever. unless they are watson's political beliefs in which case rip away
-this draft is a laid back casual fun draft and is not meant to be taken super seriously. play within the spirit of it or don't play
-we will take around ten to fourteen people
-when making a pick pls include a brief sort of description of their role within the team, otherwise it's just like a bunch of names lacking context and that's not very funny

so who is in hey?

Last edited:

Camo999

State 12th Man
Ha ha that first draft was the greatest thing ever. My team was built around Tonya Harding delivering leg-breaks. Are picks from the previous draft available again? Yeah, I'll give it another go.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
Ha ha that first draft was the greatest thing ever. My team was built around Tonya Harding delivering leg-breaks. Are picks from the previous draft available again? Yeah, I'll give it another go.
yeah they are but originality is welcomed ofc

Shady
Camo
RH

Last edited:

a massive zebra

International Captain
If Hitler is banned would less famous but equally hideous monstrosities like Pol Pot and Oskar Dirlewanger be eligible?

Shady Slim

International Coach
If Hitler is banned would less famous but equally hideous monstrosities like Pol Pot and Oskar Dirlewanger be eligible?
hitler is not banned for being hitler as such (tho it's a pretty valid reason) but more for a pretty on the nose hitler joke when he was selected iirc last time that we tried this - we didn't have a no hitlers rule then

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hitler is not banned for being hitler as such (tho it's a pretty valid reason) but more for a pretty on the nose hitler joke when he was selected iirc last time that we tried this - we didn't have a no hitlers rule then
Was a Nazi joke, not a Hitler one. Was pretty funny yet dark I thought, wouldn't be out of place in a stand up comic's routine.