• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paul Collingwood should be the captain in Tests and ODI's

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Personally think Collingwood is a captain with far more steel and determination than Strauss. having said that, I dont believe he's one of the better test batsmen that England have produced. Let him continue to perform regularly with the bat in that format first before considering it.
I agree, I feel Collingwood is a fighter. I dont see that coming from Strauss. I think Collingwood should definatly be the captain in ODI's, since strauss is not that good of a ODI player to begin with.

Life on Limbrick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I dont think the Flamehaired adonis is ready for the step up to the test plate, but is the man for the job in the shorter formats.

Quite ironic for someone christened Brigadier Block.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss hasn't done anything to be dumped from the Test captaincy though.

OD's are a lot more continetious issue, though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss hasn't done anything to be dumped from the Test captaincy though.

OD's are a lot more continetious issue, though.
Agreed,especially with an extra argument of giving Lumb and Kieswetter an opportunity to open in the 50 over game now too after their success in the 20/20.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be surprised if Colly wants the ODI job, I'm not sure he wanted the T20 job either really. Last time he was ODI captain (and T20s) it was pretty much a total disaster.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That's why Pietersen should be given the captaincy. He's quite clearly the best man for the job, and should certainly be next in line for the Test captaincy; it's just a shame they're holding the Moores issue against him. The ECB agreed with Pietersen's views, as they binned Moores, as he advised, yet still sacked him. Sure Strauss has done a good job as Test captain, and Colly's won a Tournament as T20i captain, but I still think Pietersen would be a better long-term option across all forms. Even with Collingwood's success in T20's I still think KP should take over.