• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Palindromic cricketers

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
With MARKRAM having emerged, can any of you think of any other cricketers with palindromes for names? Madan and Arun LAL are the only ones I can think of, and it is much easier with 3 letters instead of 7.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is Temba Bavuma a palindrome? Spell his name forth or back and you still get 'overrated hackfraud who hits stumps every 3 matches'.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Viv .. Richards

Apparently Markram has the longest surname out of Test Cricketers. The article I read says he overtook Rangy Nanan

Dendarii

International Debutant
The big question is at what point in Markram's international career will this stop being brought up? It's already featured in the Cricinfo commentary of both tests against Bangladesh, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's brought up again when South Africa play against India and Australia by people who think they're being clever but are unaware that it's already been done.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm wondering has there ever been a cricketer with their full name as a palindrome, like Stanley Yelnats

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm wondering has there ever been a cricketer with their full name as a palindrome, like Stanley Yelnats
I find it highly unlikely unless you're not counting the space as part of the name.
KARACHI: Zair Riaz scored his third straight half-century as Karachi Grammar School (KGS) moved into the semi-finals of the fifth Bilal Bhaty Inter-school/collegiate T20 cricket tournament with an eight-wicket win over DHA College Blues here the other day.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1391507