• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani News channel claims Warner was paid $200,000 by IPL franchise to play slow

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Timestamp: 06:51
Also at timestamp 07:39 they are running headlines
"Another Australian cricketer Adam Zampa captured as ball tamperer"

andmark

International Captain
There's no way Australia would ball tamper straight after Smith and Warner returned. That said, it would be genuinely hilarious.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be perfect if it gets him suspended for the balance of the WC and we can bring in Haze.

Burgey

In fact, that's probably why they got him to do it. Take one for the team.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Except that he wasn't tampering, he was using hand warmers because the UK is miserable and cold, even in summer.

TNT

Banned
Except that he wasn't tampering, he was using hand warmers because the UK is miserable and cold, even in summer.
10 years ago I went on (cricket) tour of England, its not summer, you call it summer but its just another winter, england do not have a summer it is a dastardly trick to get people to visit.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
10 years ago I went on (cricket) tour of England, its not summer, you call it summer but its just another winter, england do not have a summer it is a dastardly trick to get people to visit.
Amusingly when I visited London a number of years ago it was nice and warm - the equivalent of around April in Brisbane. It got up to high 20s, which is pretty much perfect. When I headed oop norf to Scotland it was closer to winter temperatures though, especially overnight.

vcs

I think their news channels might be even worse than ours, and that's not an easy feat to accomplish.

vcs

Because the BCCI put pressure on the IPL team owner. Or something.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You following the World Cup, Sledger?
Not really, sadly. Lack of small teams just makes it feels like an elongated ordinary ODI series to me. On the odd day I've had some free time and tried to watch it's (predictably) been rained off anyway. Underwhelming.