• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan vs. West Indies

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yes, Michael Vaughan is a class batsman... in Tests. I'm not sold on him in ODIs yet. With his talent he should be scoring at least 40 per innings in ODIs, but he's under 25 atm and been around the mid20s for most of his career.
I cannot disagree with a single word you say (other than to say that's just what the Aussie fans said).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't be surprised if Vaughan tonned up against WI on Saturday as it seems all too automatic these days. A batsman says he'll score runs and he scores runs. A bowler says he'll take wickets and he takes wickets. A batsman who will never have any measure of success at international level again scores a devastating career-high. Bowler ditto.

The West Indies have probably conceded more personal records than any other team in the last 10 years.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It would be an idiot to say that the West Indian performance - bowling, fielding and batting - was average.
listen jacka$$ i made a prediction before the game, as in WI bowling dept is just about average, and somehow PAK will make it look like they are the best on the semifinal day and thats what happend, they were good on the day but they are still average in general. I wont apologize for anything i write u made a personal remark and I made one back, but i got plenty more.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Admittedly Vaughan had an outstanding game against the Aussies, but 1 or 2 good games does not equate 'clicking'.

In his last 6 games he's scored 0, 4, 74, 17, 5, 86. He's played a couple of good innings, but he needs to do it more consistently first.
It doesn't matter as long as he does it only once more (on Saturday). 8-)

Don

State Vice-Captain
hey we won im like phykik(sp).now can i call em or what.now to the finals to beat england by 1 wicket

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
maxpower said:
listen jacka$$ i made a prediction before the game, as in WI bowling dept is just about average, and somehow PAK will make it look like they are the best on the semifinal day and thats what happend, they were good on the day but they are still average in general. I wont apologize for anything i write u made a personal remark and I made one back, but i got plenty more.
At what point did I insult you? That really was uncalled for and just taints whatever enlightening comment you went on to post. Well done.

I said "It would be a an idiot..." and you've made it abundantly clear that it doesn't apply to you, thus nullifying any possible insult. However, you then stupidly direct an insult at me for no reason at all. Once again, well done.

Sehwag309

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Forgive my ignorance, but how can video that you've captured from a feed be copyright to you?
It can't, but last time around I was presented with my own images by someone who saved it somewhere..and claiming to be theirs

So I decided to put the name instead...just for kicks

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower
like i had said pak batsmen will make WI's average bowling look spectacular, and that came true. where's my boy from texas ?

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It would be an idiot to say that the West Indian performance - bowling, fielding and batting - was average.
you wrote this directly underneath my quote.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
At what point did I insult you? That really was uncalled for and just taints whatever enlightening comment you went on to post. Well done.
and then you ask at what point you insulted me ???? at whom was the comment pointed at ? enlighten me.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Allow me to interject here.
As I see it.....

Maxpower suggested that the West Indian bowling attack was 'average', yet Pakistan were more than capable (through their own ineptitude) to make them look spectacular.

Liam suggested that 'It would be an idiot to say that the West Indian performance - bowling, fielding and batting - was average'.

The two statements can exist perfectly happily and truthfully side by side, because Liam is, I believe, implying that it was a far-from-average overall performance - and it most certainly was. Pakistan (well, Shoaib especially) bowled brilliantly but the Windies didn't make the same mistakes in their innings. In addition, the Windies fielded like tigers.

I didn't read it as anyone insulting anyone.

dro87

U19 12th Man
well pakistan may have made mistakes, but West INdies fielding was fantastic... And if you field well cut off 1 and 2 the bowlers bowl well...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well the knives ar finally out against the Coach. Couple of more losses and bobby will be out of Islamabad.

"Now the coach wants Pakistan to be known as a team of jokers. I have no hesitation in saying that he is being over-rated by the PCB. Don't be surprise if he (Woolmer) takes Pakistan cricket for a ride. Already the team is dancing to his tunes with several players singing high praise for the coach."

http://www.dawn.com/2004/09/24/spt1.htm (Dawn is a leading dailynewspaper from Pakistan).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Well the knives ar finally out against the Coach. Couple of more losses and bobby will be out of Islamabad.

"Now the coach wants Pakistan to be known as a team of jokers. I have no hesitation in saying that he is being over-rated by the PCB. Don't be surprise if he (Woolmer) takes Pakistan cricket for a ride. Already the team is dancing to his tunes with several players singing high praise for the coach."

http://www.dawn.com/2004/09/24/spt1.htm (Dawn is a leading dailynewspaper from Pakistan).
Told you. Javed in 5....4....3....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
what makes me sad is all these people are former cricketers and they understand the International cricket very well but they keep on making provocative and inciting statements. Look at what Rashid-match-fixing-Latif has to say :-

"I am saying this on behalf of our people and supporters that the team let the country down with its miserable performance."

When did Pakistani fans appoint Rashid Latif as their spokesperson ?? Common it is just one loss and WI aren't a bad ODI team, they beat SA in their league match.