• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is Hamza ? Is Markram ?

Got to back them.

Mulder has been to Sri Lanka & Bangladesh in his short career already. Won't be a totally new culture shock for him.

From griwing up the Highveld perspective he does give me positives with how he allows the ball to.come.to.him and doesn't push with hard hands.
Markram is just quality, have to believe he will work it out. Hamza has a reputation of playing spin well (not sure if it is true). It was a genuine question regards Mulder not trying to be facetious or anything. I'm a huge fan of Mulder just worry about taking him to SC slotting him at 6/7 and treating him as an allrounder when Hamza is around. As I said anywhere else in the world and I would say Mulder needs to be playing.

Edit: In the end it is not our decision to make, selectors job, and I'm uncertain what the right decision is.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Markram is just quality, have to believe he will work it out. Hamza has a reputation of playing spin well (not sure if it is true). It was a genuine question regards Mulder not trying to be facetious or anything. I'm a huge fan of Mulder just worry about taking him to SC slotting him at 6/7 and treating him as an allrounder when Hamza is around. As I said anywhere else in the world and I would say Mulder needs to be playing.

Edit: In the end it is not our decision to make, selectors job, and I'm uncertain what the right decision is.
Yeah I know. I mean I think there is a good chance he will be in the travelling party. Whether he plays will be up to his form and selectors thoughts.

SeamUp

International Coach
I noticed no Graeme Smith in comms. I miss him. Sad that he is sending his son to SACS though ! What I like about him is he calls a spade a spade.

1. Markram needed more certainty in his general play around off stump. Leave positively and defend positively. After the first test. Boom.
2. Bavuma needs to improve his tempo. First 2 tests had it.
3. QdK defensive game non existent and QdK has defended really well and particularly this test. He looks so solid whilst scoring basically a run-a-ball.
4. Theunis looks technically good but more mental with him dealing with failures.

Bahseph

State Captain
It helps you understand why he was considered a strong leader. Markram is undoubted quality, Hamza looked good in the first dig and Temba is always a fighter. But I feel that post Amla and Faf, QDK is absolutely key for us. He should be averaging mid 40s atleast by now on Tests.

SeamUp

International Coach
100s are like gold. Well played Quinny. There is many more to come with your talent. Make the most of it.

Bijed

International Regular
Well played QDK :)

Hope this series is the start of an extended return to form for him, love watching him when he's on song

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Drop followed by a glorious cover drive.

Target crosses 350 and the game's well beyond Pakistan's reach now.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Hope he proves me wrong but beginning to think more and more every time I see him that Hasan Ali’s 2017 was nothing more then a flash in the pan

Niall

International Coach
Drop followed by a glorious cover drive.

Target crosses 350 and the game's well beyond Pakistan's reach now.
Its been over since the first day, series like this are bad for test cricket. All 3 tests decided after the first day, concerning. Unsure if Pakistan are worthy of three tests in South Africa when you look at how wretched they have been here and the previous outing here.

vcs

Its been over since the first day, series like this are bad for test cricket. All 3 tests decided after the first day, concerning. Unsure if Pakistan are worthy of three tests in South Africa when you look at how wretched they have been here and the previous outing here.
I don't think they've been that bad. Sri Lanka in 2017 were much worse and they're already back for 3 more after this series.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not too long ago every touring team played 3-test series bar Zim/BGD maybe. It is really worrying that its leaking into Sri Lanka/Pakistan.

Even after the 2nd test defeat Pakistan still had 3rd best test win % in SA since re-admission.

Niall

International Coach
I don't think they've been that bad. Sri Lanka in 2017 were much worse and they're already back for 3 more after this series.
The batting has been horrific though. The bowling while not bad I dunno, its not been exceptional has it? Compared to India last year.

Sri Lanka have only got two tests here and I dunno in their current state they can really be upset for not having 3.

vcs

Ah ok, two sounds more reasonable for SL.

Pakistan probably ****ed it with that collapse in the 2nd innings of the first Test. Was always going to be a struggle coming back from there.