• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have been far more sensible for Asif and Akhtar to be tested "unofficially" and if traces of nandroline from the original incident still remained then they should not have been included in the side. Seem's too late now though, so fate will decree what's going to happen.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I hope those 2 cheats pass the dope test conducted by PCB, gets into the team yet are caught by ICC doping team for still having Nadrolone in their body and thus gets life bans.I hope they never gets the opportunety to announce retirement from cricket in a respectable manner.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
:@ Oh please, these injuries, they are all ridiculous reasons for players to take advantage of. When I used to play cricket for my county, I used to look forward for more games, even if I was injured.
Gimme a break here, doping is a serious issue, but not the injuries, these playa's betta be ready to play for their country, otherwise there's no use for them.

Too much money, and too much enjoyment...game has taken a different curve now,no one is really focussed in game itself, but the money off of it. That is disgraceful and spiteful.

Go out in the ground and play the DAMN game... Thanx :@
Saj...

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Heard on Geo TV that Asif and Akhtar passed the dope test. Strange, as it hasn't appeared anywhere else yet.

How did they pass the test when they haven't even send their urine samples yet??

PCB should stop lying coz if they send their players like this then ICC will catch them as they will be doing "TARGETED DOPING" this time around and the two cheats in Akhtar and Asif will certainly be doped and chucked out of International cricket forever.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
. They are still going to miss one strike bowler though, Rehman here would have been ideal, can't see Sami or Azhar Mahmood doing a better job with ball than Rehman.

I never understood while the life ban on Azharuddin and Atta-ur-rahman was ever lifted? i think lifting of ban on those two were a mistake.In any case Rahman is not even i the 30 players list and he haven't even played cricket in years, nor that he ever was a good bowler, was below average.I would go for Azhar Mahmood over Sami, who i think is crap.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Would have been far more sensible for Asif and Akhtar to be tested "unofficially" and if traces of nandroline from the original incident still remained then they should not have been included in the side.
The thing is, if they were tested "unofficially" and failed, everyone would know why they've been left out of the squad...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How did they pass the test when they haven't even send their urine samples yet??

PCB should stop lying coz if they send their players like this then ICC will catch them as they will be doing "TARGETED DOPING" this time around and the two cheats in Akhtar and Asif will certainly be doped and chucked out of International cricket forever.
There is a distinct possibility that the channel I saw it on was wrong. They've been famous for jumping the gun on presenting the news before they know all the facts.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing is, if they were tested "unofficially" and failed, everyone would know why they've been left out of the squad...
Exactly, thus eliminating the need for them to play while the nandroline is still in their bodies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What I meant though was that, if they were left out it would because of the drugs, so surely there'd then be a case for a ban anyway, since the PCB are aware of the result (hence they leave them out)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully Akhtar & Asif pass their dope test, would hate to see anything worst happpen to them.
If they don't pass it, it would be their own faults and I really don't see how one can sympathize with them in that instance.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I never understood while the life ban on Azharuddin and Atta-ur-rahman was ever lifted? i think lifting of ban on those two were a mistake.In any case Rahman is not even i the 30 players list and he haven't even played cricket in years, nor that he ever was a good bowler, was below average.I would go for Azhar Mahmood over Sami, who i think is crap.
Surely he's referring to Abdur Rehman...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely he's referring to Abdur Rehman...
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Who the hell is taking about Atta? you obviously haven't followed recent matches atall, otherwise you would have known Abdur Rehman, who is a left arm spinner, and probably a much much better prospect than Danish Kaneria in ODI.

haroon510

International 12th Man
atu rahamn wasn't ban for life he was only ban for five years.
also he was refering to abdul rahman the spiner.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Who the hell is taking about Atta? you obviously haven't followed recent matches atall, otherwise you would have known Abdur Rehman, who is a left arm spinner, and probably a much much better prospect than Danish Kaneria in ODI.
I have been following recent cricket but may have missed some action,players who come and go in 2-3 matches without making any impression, sometimes goes unnoticed.If the guy was so good, then why isn't he in th team? he isn't even in the reserve list!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

I have been following recent cricket but may have missed some action,players who come and go in 2-3 matches without making any impression, sometimes goes unnoticed.If the guy was so good, then why isn't he in th team? he isn't even in the reserve list!!
How many times must it be said that the reserves list means very very little? Because it does.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain

Here is the difference b/w you and me, you are willing to write of a player who you haven't even seen in action (by ur own admission) just on the basis of the player not being in the 15 member squad (and the three reserves). I on the other hand have seen him play cricket and i believe it was a bad call by the selectors to opt for Danish insted of Abdur.
A player doesn't become crap if he fails to get into Squad, most former Pak test player (Imran,Miandad,Zaheer) share my opinion that Salman Butt should have been in the squad possibily in place of Imran Nazir.In India we have Kaif and Powar, who failed to get into the squad and are seen as unlucky .

BTW, Rehman played the complete ODI series against WI in Pakistan and shown in every match, he was surprisingly not given a proper run after than and was not considered for world cup.