• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pakistan squad for the indian tour

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
what do you think should be the pakistan squad for the indian tour....and in turn what should be the indian sqaud

my pakistan sqaud
1 inzamam ul haq
2 yousaf youhana
3 yasir hameed
4 imran farhat
5 taufeeq umar
6 younis khan
7 shoaib akhtar
8 mohammad sami
9 shoaib malik
10 saqlain mushtaq
11 abdul razaq
12 umar gul
13 faisal iqbal
14 shabbir ahmed
15 asim kamal
16 waqar younis(yes waqar younis)

KishanTeli

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Indian Squad of 17 for Test Series v Pakistan (not in batting order), providing they are fully recovered from injury:

1 A. Chopra
2 V. Sehwag
3 R. Dravid
4 S.Tendulkar
5 S. Ganguly (c)
6 "Very Very Special" Laxman :D
7 P. Patel +
8 I. Pathan
9 A. Agarkar
10 A. Kumble
11 H. Singh (replace with R. Powar if he is injured)
12 Y. Singh
13 G. Gambhir
14 A. Salvi
15 L. Balaji
16. Z. Khan
17. D. Dasgupta + (???) (I haven't seen the other Indian Wicket-keepers lately, Ratra etc.)

S. Ramesh - poor footwork, IMO doesn't possess a good enough technique to warrant selection at test level, would be especially harsh on Chopra to drop him as well given his good performance is Australia.
A. Nehra - Has been very poor since the WC, donkey in the field, donkey with the bat. Leave him at home.

Batting order is settled IMO and does not need to be changed apart from injuries.

Apologies if I have missed out anyone obvious.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
thehellraiser said:
what do you think should be the pakistan squad for the indian tour....and in turn what should be the indian sqaud

my pakistan sqaud
1 inzamam ul haq
2 yousaf youhana
3 yasir hameed
4 imran farhat
5 taufeeq umar
6 younis khan
7 shoaib akhtar
8 mohammad sami
9 shoaib malik
10 saqlain mushtaq
11 abdul razaq
12 umar gul
13 faisal iqbal
14 shabbir ahmed
15 asim kamal
16 waqar younis(yes waqar younis)
No to Waqar Younis. He is well past his best -- sad but true.
Pick Osama bin Shariar or Mohammad Irshad instead.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
KishanTeli said:
Indian Squad of 17 for Test Series v Pakistan (not in batting order), providing they are fully recovered from injury:

1 A. Chopra
2 V. Sehwag
3 R. Dravid
4 S.Tendulkar
5 S. Ganguly (c)
6 "Very Very Special" Laxman :D
7 P. Patel +
8 I. Pathan
9 A. Agarkar
10 A. Kumble
11 H. Singh (replace with R. Powar if he is injured)
12 Y. Singh
13 G. Gambhir
14 A. Salvi
15 L. Balaji
16. Z. Khan
17. D. Dasgupta + (???) (I haven't seen the other Indian Wicket-keepers lately, Ratra etc.)

S. Ramesh - poor footwork, IMO doesn't possess a good enough technique to warrant selection at test level, would be especially harsh on Chopra to drop him as well given his good performance is Australia.
A. Nehra - Has been very poor since the WC, donkey in the field, donkey with the bat. Leave him at home.

Batting order is settled IMO and does not need to be changed apart from injuries.

Apologies if I have missed out anyone obvious.
I don''t think Salvi or Harbhajan will be fit for the pakistan tour.
Vinayak Mane is a much better player than Gambhir IMO -- but I doubt if either will be picked.
Amit Mishra should go but again he probably won't.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pakistan

1. Imran Farhat
2. Taufeeq Umar
3. Inzamam Ul Haq
4. Yousuf Youhana
5. Shoaib Malik
6. Younis Khan
7. Faisal Iqbal
8. Rashid Latif
9. Yasir Hameed
10. Saqlain Mushtaq
11. Waqar Younis
12. Shoaib Akhtar
13. Mohammad Sami
14. Umar Gul
15. Danish Kaneira

India

1. Akash Chopra
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Saurav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. Nayan Mongia
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Gautam Gambhir
11. Anil Kumble
12. Murali Kartik
13. Yuvraj Singh
14. Sairaj Bahutule
15. Ajit Agarkar

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
India

1. Akash Chopra
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Saurav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. Nayan Mongia
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Gautam Gambhir
11. Anil Kumble
12. Murali Kartik
13. Yuvraj Singh
14. Sairaj Bahutule
15. Ajit Agarkar

No Parthiv Patel??? What did he do wrong???

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
nothing! I just think Nayan Mongia has done more right!
It's very very unlikely Mongia will ever play for India again.
As for Bahutule, its possible although I think India would be making a mistake picking him -- Mishra is a better prospect.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I want ramesh to be given a chance with the test team. He has done no wrong. ppl always say his footwork is poor but the fact is he has got runs. even in australia he got runs, but was unlucky not to play. So he should be in the squad as well.

deeps

International 12th Man
1. Imran Farhat
2. Taufeeq Umar
3. Inzamam Ul Haq
4. Yousuf Youhana
5. Younis Khan
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Faisal Iqbal
8. Rashid Latif
9. Yasir Hameed
10. Danish Kaneira
11. Waqar Younis
12. Shoaib Akhtar
13. Mohammad Sami
14. Abdul Razzaq
15. Saqlain Mushtaq

masterblaster

International Captain
My Indian Test Squad to Pakistan:

1. Akash Chopra
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly (c)
6. VVS Laxman
7. Yuvraj Singh
8. Ramesh Powar
9. Parthiv Patel (w/k)
10.Ajit Agarkar
11.Anil Kumble
12.Irfan Pathan
13.Zaheer Khan
14.Amit Bhandari
15.Lakshmipathy Balaji

Ive been very impressed with Irfan Pathan and Lakshmipathy Balaji over here on the pitches here in Australia. Both these bowlers have a lot of heart and will complement Zaheer and Agarkar very well. Nehra misses out, due to consistently poor showings at the top level.

Ramesh Powar adds that all round versatility the Indian's have been looking for a long time. His off spinners are very handy and his batting is quite solid as well. Pathan and Agarkar are good exponents of reverse swing and should get it in Pakistan.

Overall, I feel that this squad has the ability to beat Pakistan in their own backyard. Yuvraj adds as an extra batsman, just in case of an injury or a form slump.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
i think that waqar should be picked for the side as his experience is tremendous.....yes he is past his best but agaibst the indians its gonna come down to alot of crunch situations and u need someone like him to fight it out......otherwise the pakistan bowling lineup is great......shoab sami and shabbir make a great trio and complement each other well.....i think that waqar may not find a place in the side but should be in the sqaud incase of ijury to any of these three........the spinner is an issue and i strongly feel that saqlain mustaq should be given the go ahead in front of kaneria and malik........

i think the series is gonna be close but the pakistanis should edge it.....the bowling attack is far superior to the indians and shoaib has been n great form for the past few months.....putting in series winning performances against south africa and newzealand(the kiwis ofcourse were on their home turf)

ReallyCrazy

Banned
masterblaster said:
My Indian Test Squad to Pakistan:

1. Akash Chopra
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly (c)
6. VVS Laxman
7. Yuvraj Singh
8. Ramesh Powar
9. Parthiv Patel (w/k)
10.Ajit Agarkar
11.Anil Kumble
12.Irfan Pathan
13.Zaheer Khan
14.Amit Bhandari
15.Lakshmipathy Balaji

Ive been very impressed with Irfan Pathan and Lakshmipathy Balaji over here on the pitches here in Australia. Both these bowlers have a lot of heart and will complement Zaheer and Agarkar very well. Nehra misses out, due to consistently poor showings at the top level.

Ramesh Powar adds that all round versatility the Indian's have been looking for a long time. His off spinners are very handy and his batting is quite solid as well. Pathan and Agarkar are good exponents of reverse swing and should get it in Pakistan.

Overall, I feel that this squad has the ability to beat Pakistan in their own backyard. Yuvraj adds as an extra batsman, just in case of an injury or a form slump.

I don't see anything great about ramesh powar. And I rate S.ramesh higher than akash chopra.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
yes pakistan will edge home.....coz in atest match u have to dismiss the other side twice and i dont think that the indians can do it consistently during a three match series

shoaib
sami
shabbir

pakistan-pace attck

ReallyCrazy

Banned
talk about akhtar he is good. Shabbir is crap and sami is just marginally better. They will be smashed.

A lot of u ppl talk about india not having a good bowling attack. But India does have zaheer khan and kumble. I think they will do well if not bogged by injuries. Do you guys really think that the p.a.k.i bowling attack (well akhtar) can get India out twice?

Swervy

International Captain
i just hope the games dont go the way they used to where both teams were so afraid of losing, they just turned into blockathons and ending 0-0 all the time

PommieMacGill

State Regular
If India decides to take another wicketkeeper as backup then they should take Amit Deshpande who plays for Vidarbha. I have a few Indian friends who go to see a lot of Domestic Cricket and they cant complement him enough. He could also play as an out and out batsmen but is a very reliable wicketkeeper.

Amit Deshpande - http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/9/9293/9293.html

I think it would be a backwards step to pick Nayan Mongia again, stick with Parthiv Patel and have Deshpande as his backup.

I also reckon Yashpal Singh has got to be in the selectors minds as have Ramkumar, a Slow Left Arm Bowler from Tamil Nadu.

Yashpal Singh - http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/44/44961/44961.html

Ramnakrishnan Ramkumar - http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/7/7501/7501.html