• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Options for the Immediate Future

What is your choice for the future of WCC?

• Keep the current format but change back to VC4 (24 teams)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go back to the old set up with everything the same (36 teams - VC4)

• Scrap WCC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys this is very important for the future of the game, a few months ago we decided to bring back WCC and the way we intended to run it hasnt been all that popular, so now we have decided to give you guys, the managers a say.
we'd like to know what everyones prefered future for wcc is, keep in mind that we may not neccisarily go with the final outcome, but we are after a guide as to what everyone prefers. We are keeping an open mind to all suggestions and we would really like all the current managers (including those who are waiting for a side or previously had a side and r still interested)...
the poll will be open for a few days so dont take too long...

Cloete

International Captain
I've gone for "Go back to the previous set up with the same teams, but some scrapped (less than 36 teams - VC4)".

If we have enough interest then I'd say everything the same and VC4. But I just assumed we didn't.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I went for back to the same, but less teams. I figure the members who have been here longer will be more enthusiastic about being able to continue on with their new team. If enough interest is shown in it after a season, then it can be expanded.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i should let everyone know that if 36 teams was chosen i dont think we would have any problems filling all the spots...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I went for: Go back to the old teams and squads and use ITC (36 teams)

Because I really enjoyed WCC, and I was dissapointed when it went, but I worked for a long time to get my Surrey team together, and I felt more - involved, and almost happier - as it got better.

And ITC>>VC4

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I like the current set up and i hate VC4, ITC is so much better. But i don't really care as long as WCC stays.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I'm indifferent as to what system (VC4 or ITC) is used, really, but I did like the format of the last WCC.

cbuts

International Debutant
i voted to go back to the old system, but use itc. as the others i really enjoyed the old system - mainly cos i didnt have the *****st team in the league :laugh: :laugh:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Stick exactly how it is. More teams maybe but keep it the same..

We only just swapped everyones teams around and some lost a squad that they worked hard on, but i rekon now people should have moved on and taken the squads theve got now. I see no prob with how it is going now.

cometer

State Regular
I think I preferred the old system but i'm don't really mind what happens. Since it's a vote I voted for the old system with less teams but it really wouldn't bother me whatever happened :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't want to lose the team I just got. However, I'm not really fussed about what sim is used or the number of teams.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
I went:

"Go back to the old teams and squads and use ITC (36 teams)"

I think ITC is better then VC4 and i think WCC should be looking at a replacement for it in ODs as well, rather then going back to it in FC. Also having 36 teams, means i might get full control of a team.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys, its good to see some responses, however, what i am seeing is no different as to why this has come up either... Like last time when it was scrapped and the reason this has come up is all because the lack of activity on the forum, and all that seems to be happening is Games are simmed, results are sent, and teams are posted over and over again...

Not only are we looking for what you format you prefer, but as to why there is no discussion, and what we can do to improve that....

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
For the last 2 or so seasons there hasnt been much said on the forums and thats cause there isnt any thnig right about i beleive. Not sure how to get the activity up, but if all ure trying to do is get the activity back up then dont swap the game over again, dont think it will help at all.

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Ok guys, its good to see some responses, however, what i am seeing is no different as to why this has come up either... Like last time when it was scrapped and the reason this has come up is all because the lack of activity on the forum, and all that seems to be happening is Games are simmed, results are sent, and teams are posted over and over again...

Not only are we looking for what you format you prefer, but as to why there is no discussion, and what we can do to improve that....
Well I'll be honest. I'm personally nowhere near as commited to Mumbai as I was to TN. Why? Simply because I had built TN up to what it was for a number of seasons and I would have loved to have kept going with them. I can't find the same enthusiasm to start again with Mumbai.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really know how us managers can be more active really. There not much more we can do then submitt our sides and write a match report (or summary in my case). But i guess that were you want more activety, people writing more reports. But i think you will find that a lot of guys are getting used to their new teams and new set ups. A lot of the reports that got written in the last additons were based on rilvaries. A lot of guys didn't a write a report unless there was a big game, that they were looking forward to for a couple weeks. As the season goes on i think their might be more activity.

When it comes to the format, i prefer the current one. The main reasons are ITC, more real players (i think the old one was run too much by generated players) and the use of real life ground conditions. But i can understand the guys who built their old teams for about 3 to 4 seasons, for them to be taken away from them. And i can understand the guys who don't have a side, that want an expansion ASAP so they can get a team.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok a few things to respond to what has been said...

Originally Posted by Cloete
Well I'll be honest. I'm personally nowhere near as commited to Mumbai as I was to TN. Why? Simply because I had built TN up to what it was for a number of seasons and I would have loved to have kept going with them. I can't find the same enthusiasm to start again with Mumbai.
I Understand where your coming from Andy, However to be fair before we shut down last time, your interest was hardly high....

Originally Posted by chaminda_00
I don't really know how us managers can be more active really. There not much more we can do then submitt our sides and write a match report (or summary in my case). But i guess that were you want more activety, people writing more reports. But i think you will find that a lot of guys are getting used to their new teams and new set ups. A lot of the reports that got written in the last additons were based on rilvaries. A lot of guys didn't a write a report unless there was a big game, that they were looking forward to for a couple weeks. As the season goes on i think their might be more activity.

When it comes to the format, i prefer the current one. The main reasons are ITC, more real players (i think the old one was run too much by generated players) and the use of real life ground conditions. But i can understand the guys who built their old teams for about 3 to 4 seasons, for them to be taken away from them. And i can understand the guys who don't have a side, that want an expansion ASAP so they can get a team.
I agree that there is not alot currently that can be done... However what we are looking for is some suggestions from people to maybe get interest up... If that means things like making people write reports etc i dont know.. However I used to come on this forum and have at least 10-15 posts to go through, now we're lucky if there's 1 a week...

I will also state that i agree 100% that we should stick with ITC, i cannot see the value in going back to VC4, for me, ITC has so much more potential and IMO going back to VC4 would be a big step back....

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I think as time goes by people will get more into it. We've only had three rounds of each form. I think as people build up their squads over a longer period of time interest will grow as it did in the previous set-up. Soldier on I say.