• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Having watched every ball of the past nine Test matches (in a relatively short amount of time) between these two - I’m not sure if either side is actually all that good, with Australia being slightly better overall but both teams have pretty significant weaknesses.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
This target is/was chasable imo. The pitch is flat and has not deteriorated much. Pujara and Sharma should rue their chances had they not given away their wickets, Australia would be in high discomfort if the score was 180-1 around.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I mean I don’t know if you can ever call what would have to be the highest successful Test match run chase in history of Teat cricket as “chasesable”.

I understand how the ****ty forms of cricket have made Test cricket different, and I begrudgingly admit, better in many ways, but that’s still a world record chase.

Gob

International Coach
I have seen million games where teams get to 150-180 for 3 at stumps on fourth day chasing big scores giving high hopes to the fans only to lose both set players bang bang early next day

There is a reason why I can count the number of times teams chased 400 plus in the history by fingers of my right hand. Its very difficult