• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A bit better from Bangladesh today, but still can't see them going at 11s for the last nine overs to run this target down.

ashley bach

International Captain
Much improved from Bangladesh and even mildly competitive. Batting still appears a big problem however, extras again one of the top scorers.

tony p

First Class Debutant
That Bangladesh even have a women's team is quite something.
I doubt they have great infrastructure, so any playing against higher standard teams can only be good in the long run.
Even if just a couple of players get something out of it, it's a win for their development.

_Ed_

Aside from Devine (47 off 33) and Kerr (37* off 28 and counting), this has been a dismal batting performance by the Ferns.

ataraxia

International Coach
Well yeah we just need a good bat really, preferably one who cannot bowl! Hopefully a Plimmer or Burns kicks on.

_Ed_

Thought we might be on somewhat shaky ground when Kerr got a first-baller and we were 50-2, but Bates and Green have done a great job here.

anil1405

International Captain
Super over. Interesting. Could've been an Australian win had Healy not given the 18th over to Gardner (a brain fart decision with better options available).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great effort by our girls there. Beating this Aussie women's team is as hard as it was beating the men's Aussie side in the 00s.

anil1405

International Captain
Great effort by our girls there. Beating this Aussie women's team is as hard as it was beating the men's Aussie side in the 00s.
We got lucky in the last over with two edges that went for fours.

Meghna Singh barely bowled in first two games. Wonder why she is playing. Might as well play another attacking batter like S Meghana in her place.

ashley bach

International Captain
Geez what's wrong with the weather in NZ these days, even the pleasant climate of the Hawkes bay can't even produce a result....shame.

_Ed_

The Bay has been uncharacteristically terrible over the last few months - I went down there to cover two of their big spring racedays on what are usually pretty reliably decent tracks, and they had the deepest quagmires I've ever seen there (and their third day got cancelled altogether!)

ashley bach

International Captain
The Bay has been uncharacteristically terrible over the last few months - I went down there to cover two of their big spring racedays on what are usually pretty reliably decent tracks, and they had the deepest quagmires I've ever seen there (and their third day got cancelled altogether!)
Wow that's remarkable how the whole country has gone through so much bad weather in recent times. Every time I speak to someone from back home they remind me how bad it's been. Hope it gets better quickly cus I'm arriving there on Sunday.

_Ed_

Sounds like a pretty impressive performance by Australia. Nice to see Grace Harris make a significant contribution at international level.

ashley bach

International Captain
Sounds like a pretty impressive performance by Australia. Nice to see Grace Harris make a significant contribution at international level.
Watched the Australian innings and must say that Perry batted superbly. What's more, during her innings they continued to talk about weather she
was still good enough for 20/20 cricket. Well she answered that question in no uncertain fashion.