• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is also a very sensible move. Contracts and sponsorships are still the biggest percentage of the pie in your earnings as an international or a franchise cricketer. But those can be dictated by the market and the popularity etc. Match fees, OTOH, IMO, is a very basic thing that should be equal for everyone. Hopefully this extends to domestic cricket as well. It ensures girls can think of cricket as a proper career too, which should be the main aim.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Normally I enjoy the WBBL, but have found it hard to get invested in it this year, just to early in the season for me.
Infact I've found it hard to get into ANY cricket this season so far.

tony p

First Class Debutant
The fielding & catching has been diabolical in some matches this year.
That is one facet that can easily be fixed by constant practice, but do they actually practice this.
Some horrible fielding by the Heat today, still managed to win thanks to their gun kiwi, A Kerr..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Her sister Jess was superb with the ball again too - it's been great to see her bowling so economically throughout this tournament.

Last edited:

ashley bach

International Captain
Speaking of Jess, and this is not to put her down in any way whatsoever but was funny, a few nights ago she went to field the ball 3 times within a
10 minute time frame, and on all 3 occasions she bumbled and fumbled the ball about 3 times, one time finally pushing it to the boundary.
Without over exaggerating it was the most comical display on all 3 occasions and I could have sworn she was stoned.

ashley bach

International Captain
Wow the Sixers are certainly a team that can pull a win from out of the fire, they've done it a couple of times recently and in the end had 3 balls to spare!
Erin Burns 51(32) and Sophie Ecclestone 47(25) were the stars tonight for the Sixers.
A little bit gutted to tell the truth, they traded at 100/1 and I simply couldn't be bothered to make a phone call to place a bet, something you need to do
here in Australia while a match is in play.

tony p

First Class Debutant
To be fair, most of the overseas players were somewhat disappointing in output.
Kerr won three POM awards and was very handy . Her sis was good too.
Devine & Bates were disappointing, Maddy Green only made one major score.
Ecclestone might have got close, but they have plenty of spinners in the team.
Wyatt couldn't get a run, Capsey delivered far to late, Beaumont, Winfield-Hill & Jones were just going.
Wolvaardt was consistant, but slow except for her 75no in her last match, Du Preez was great late on, but Lee (who is a comfortably built WK) & Tryon were basically hopeless, Ismail wasn't helped by playing in a rubbish Renegades side. Kapp was okay, but not as good as in previous WBBL's.
Dottin is overrated & how Hayley Matthews continues to get a gig every year is beyond me, thank god she left the Hurricanes.
Athapaththu scored 133 runs in 10 innings, one of those being 75no.

I think the selectors have got it about right.

_Ed_

Wyatt's gone in the 10th over of the Eliminator, but she's given the Heat a great start.

_Ed_

Wow, 2-2 in the over with Wyatt and Grace Harris gone.

EDIT: And now Kerr goes too! 75-1 has become 81-4.

EDIT 2: But then a 23-run over swings it back the other way.

Last edited: