• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Sunil Havascar said:
Do you mean invitation match??? thats a shocker tamara :lol:
OPPS!!! yep a shocker

Can't say i have ever struggled with the pace of any female bowler.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Sunil Havascar said:
i havent..... they dont get enough bounce to worry you
Amiee Lenssen got alot of bounce when i was playing for a canterbury team against NZ'A' the other day.. We were playing on an artificial pitch though

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tamara said:

Some of the best female players in the world (ie Rolton, Drumm) would be able to play very well at a high level in mens standards.
I really doubt that - maybe they'd cope with county level, but no way any higher than that!

Kimbo

International Debutant
I am gonna have to disagree with you there too Tamara.
They are very good at womens cricket, thats what they play. But the pace and bounce in mens cricket requires different skills and shots. I have no doubt they could play the spinners and slower bowlers as well as the men but nothing quick.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not just women that find quick bowling difficult! The faster the bowler the more you have to concentrate and the sharper your reactions have to be. I've been working on that...bring on the new season :D

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Sunil Havascar said:
I am gonna have to disagree with you there too Tamara.
They are very good at womens cricket, thats what they play. But the pace and bounce in mens cricket requires different skills and shots. I have no doubt they could play the spinners and slower bowlers as well as the men but nothing quick.

Different skill and shots yes but the guys are good at this because they practise it. Women don't need to practise it because it is hardly ever needed. I think if they practise and work up through the mens grades they could become good players in that level.

I am not saying that womens and mens cricket should mix because it shouldn't. It would be so unfair. I have played rep cricket in boys teams when i was 13 in under 15 teams and played well, and also play all my indoor cricket with men.

Well at least I think I could cope!!!(If I had the practise)

Kimbo

International Debutant
Thats what I meant, women would almost need to start over. If we had been playing guys cricket all along we would be fine... its hard for people like me though who never played boys cricket. I am generally alright in the nets, but there are a few guys who get up around the ribs which worry me a bit!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sunil Havascar said:
never doubt woman's concentration
Yeah, I mean some of them can concentrate on ironing, the Television and talking on the telephone all at the same time! ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Yeah, I mean some of them can concentrate on ironing, the Television and talking on the telephone all at the same time! ;)
About as PC as we would expect Marc :rolleyes:

Next time someone makes a thread like this, remember what can happen when Marc gets into it...:rolleyes: :yawn:

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I'm only joking Loveland.

As I was saying to me biatches last night - "I really respect women"
Most guys do.. They just don't admit it!
What would they do without us!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I, for one, wouldn't have had the opportunity to read books by Germaine Greer, Andrea Dworkin, Naomi Woolf and Gloria Steinem and considering the quality of the works, that would indeed be a tragedy. :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tamara said:
Girls...love 'em or hate 'em but if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be here...but without guys girls wouldn't be here...oh the dilema! :rolleyes: