• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
jeepers womens cricket finally about to crack the mainstream and nz are trying very hard to do a bangladesh impression.
About to come up against a full-strength Australia too - I'm feeling a bit queasy.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to see some in the media here suggesting that the answer to the White Ferns' alarming form slump is giving the captaincy to Amelia Kerr.

She probably will have that gig at some stage, but she's still only 20, FFS! We should just let her concentrate on hopefully developing into the ATG New Zealand all-rounder we all hope she can be, rather than piling on even more burden at such a young age.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think we should also start tour threads for women's cricket in CC, like we do for any other tour.
i fear most of them would end up with about 10 posts which is why i thought an official thread would be better

Aus-NZ probably should have a tour thread though, if it goes ahead?

Surprised to see some in the media here suggesting that the answer to the White Ferns' alarming form slump is giving the captaincy to Amelia Kerr.

She probably will have that gig at some stage, but she's still only 20, FFS! We should just let her concentrate on hopefully developing into the ATG New Zealand all-rounder we all hope she can be, rather than piling on even more burden at such a young age.
yeah the bits I saw of the recent England ODI series I was unimpressed (although older heads didn't contribute much more either)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah absolute madness to consider such a thing at this stage of her career

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
India squad for the upcoming tour against England women

India squad (Test & ODI): Mithali Raj (c), Taniya Bhatia (wk), Indrani Roy (wk), Jhulan Goswami, Smriti Mandhana, Priya Punia, Punam Raut, Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur (vc), Shikha Pandey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Ekta Bisht Arundhati Reddy, Pooja Vastrakar, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav

India squad (T20I): Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Taniya Bhatia (wk), Indrani Roy (wk), Harleen Kaur Deol, Richa Ghosh, Smrti Mandhana (vc), Shafali Verma, Shikha Pandey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Simran Bahadur, Ekta Bisht, Arundhati Reddy, Pooja Vastrakar, Poonam Yadav, Radha Yadav

No word yet on the opponents, but the Only Test starts a week from Wednesday and is kinda A Thing given women so rarely get to play longer games than one day.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Perhaps the most exciting cricketer for me in the world coz of how unpredictable she is and how committed she is to playing that style. A real teenager attitude, lol. But she did say she is practicing playing 150 balls and choosing the right ball to hit etc.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Freya Davies thrown down to RHT. Disappointing, I liked her pace in NZ and think the Test could have been livened up by it even if it is a bit wild line and length wise

Jack1

International Debutant
The best women's cricketer XI

Current squad Mithali Raj, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Taylor (wk), Jahanara Alam

When I say best I hope it becomes clear when you see the four selected, if not then I apologise.

As for the game if anyone is watching that is. Beaumont batted well and has great technique. The problem is concentration and shot selection. That dismissal was ridiculous considering how she batted. I thought the shot of Beaumont's technique next to Knight was interesting. But technique is less important in cricket than shot selection and shot execution. Steven Smith being the prime example of that, Bradman wasn't orthodox either so I tend to not care too much about technique. Beaumount's head and bat are perfectly in line on forward defence though which interested me. Knight lost concentration too before the ton. Have to say India's bowling wasn't too hot. Rana bowled ok and the only bowler that looked threatening to me throughout the day. Pitch looks pretty flat, England need 350 and then need to get Raj out early if they want to get on top as the pitch looks flat to me. Don't like 4 days either, 5 would be better

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What is the all time best XI for women's cricket? I am sure Ellyse Perry will be there. Mithali Raj is the best to come out of India but do not know much outside of them. Sarah Taylor should be the all time best keeper right?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What is the all time best XI for women's cricket? I am sure Ellyse Perry will be there. Mithali Raj is the best to come out of India but do not know much outside of them. Sarah Taylor should be the all time best keeper right?
Anjum Chopra used to be awesome. Belinda Clark made the first double hundred in ODIs, IIRC.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, let me try my hand in creating one with the names got so far and names I have heard of.

Debbie Hockley (NZ)
Anjum Chopra (Ind)
Charlotte Edwards (Eng)
Mithali Raj (Ind)
Belinda Clark (Aus)
Ellyse Perry (Aus)
Stefanie Taylor (WI)
Sarah Taylor (Eng)
Poonam Yadav (Ind)
Fitzpatrick (Aus)
Megan Schutt (Aus)

12th Woman: Sophie Devine (NZ)

cnerd123

likes this
Rachel Heyhoe Flint is the first name in the XI for me. Basically the female WG Grace.

Meg Lanning belongs in the conversation too.

Jack1

International Debutant
The best women's cricketer XI

Current squad Mithali Raj, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Taylor (wk), Jahanara Alam

When I say best I hope it becomes clear when you see the four selected, if not then I apologise.
5th player is Danni Wyatt. TBC

Jack1

International Debutant
4 day tests are dumb. England need to squeeze - start with Ecclestone and Sciver after tea to bowl India out fast then go for it.