• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I didn't see the incident. If the bowler faked the bowling that is douchey, and should have been called a dead ball. So now I see where you are coming from.
I posted the video mate and there are another two pics that shows they were doing it literally every ball.

For you and for @ashley bach s benefit -

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There have been incidents in the past where bowlers have faked the bowling then ran the batsmen out which is the only thing I would have an issue with.
I agree with this. But I think our interpretations of which incidents constitute this also varies, so we will just agree to disagree on that part.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
If a bowler tries a Mankad but the batter is actually in, I reckon there should be a penalty for the bowler. You've got to bowl the next ball from a standing start, say.

ashley bach

International Captain
I posted the video mate and there are another two pics that shows they were doing it literally every ball.

For you and for @ashley bach s benefit -

Thanks HB appreciate that but sadly the video is no longer working.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with this. But I think our interpretations of which incidents constitute this also varies, so we will just agree to disagree on that part.
If you agree with that, I don't know what disagree with. Surely it would be pretty clear if this happens or not.

edit: it's because I mentioned Ashwin isn't it? That's what this is all about :laugh: you don't actually disagree with anything I've said you just got triggered because I used an India/Chennai player as an example

Last edited:

ashley bach

International Captain
You should read and watch the clips and pics posted here before deciding to assume so many falsehoods.
Mate, I almost always read the thread and look at pics etc first, particularly when something is controversial.
But in this instance just watching the actual footage was enough to cast an opinion.
You're not only one of the most experienced posters here but one of the very best, and I always enjoy your thoughts.
But here we just have to agree to disagree, because basically you're either in the camp where it's OK to do this, or your not.
You can talk about the rule book all day if you want to, and I'm surprised how much you have tbh, but personally I wouldn't waste 5 seconds
reading about this rule or even trying to understand, simply because I wouldn't dream of producing it during play.
Also very surprised to hear you say that you don't think this incident has anything to do with having a decent spirit to the game.
Again, your either for it or your against it, and doubt there's very little in between, but if you are for it, then you need to applaud when this play
is made, congratulate the bowler on the fantastic play and celebrate the wicket, and to me this is just pure awful.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate, I almost always read the thread and look at pics etc first, particularly when something is controversial.
But in this instance just watching the actual footage was enough to cast an opinion.
You're not only one of the most experienced posters here but one of the very best, and I always enjoy your thoughts.
But here we just have to agree to disagree, because basically you're either in the camp where it's OK to do this, or your not.
You can talk about the rule book all day if you want to, and I'm surprised how much you have tbh, but personally I wouldn't waste 5 seconds
reading about this rule or even trying to understand, simply because I wouldn't dream of producing it during play.
Also very surprised to hear you say that you don't think this incident has anything to do with having a decent spirit to the game.
Again, your either for it or your against it, and doubt there's very little in between, but if you are for it, then you need to applaud when this play
is made, congratulate the bowler on the fantastic play and celebrate the wicket, and to me this is just pure awful.
So the batsmen should be allowed to just steal runs however often they want with no consequences, until they are "warned"?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It is pretty black and white in the current rule.
Ok, then it needs to be communicated to all teams, media and public so batsmen know what to do, we know where we stand and this sort of outrage can be cleared up. I didn't know the rule and I watch more cricket than is recommended by 4 out of 5 doctors.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't watch this particular game, but if there had been little or no discussion with the umpires or batsman about stealing distance at the non striker, and this bowler just went ahead at that stage and did it, I find that callous. I find that naive to think that the best course of action in front of a big crowd, a TV audience, a format in women's cricket that is on the rise, that unless it is ABSOLUTELY the last resort to 'Mankad' then i think that's irresponsible. It is a significant nett loss in terms of fallout from the game v India winning and any step in the right direction about clearing this Mankad mess up

ashley bach

International Captain
What's the obsession with stealing here, it's just backing up.
If it's obvious backing up too much is in play then something should be done, like a warning, but this is just cricket, it;s done every ball.

Xix2565

International Debutant
What's the obsession with stealing here, it's just backing up.
If it's obvious backing up too much is in play then something should be done, like a warning, but this is just cricket, it;s done every ball.
Yes and it's lazy as **** with the punishment of the run out. Don't like it, then don't cross the line.

ashley bach

International Captain
I didn't watch this particular game, but if there had been little or no discussion with the umpires or batsman about stealing distance at the non striker, and this bowler just went ahead at that stage and did it, I find that callous. I find that naive to think that the best course of action in front of a big crowd, a TV audience, a format in women's cricket that is on the rise, that unless it is ABSOLUTELY the last resort to 'Mankad' then i think that's irresponsible. It is a significant nett loss in terms of fallout from the game v India winning and any step in the right direction about clearing this Mankad mess up
Steve is on the money here, it's about the game not the rule book.