• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Chubb

International Regular
Don't think SA had their full side out but great to see Zimbabwe win gold at the African Games. Player of the Match Kelis Ndhlovu is only 18.

They will be delighted. It is only a year since Sinikwe Mpofu, their assistant coach, passed away after the death of her husband who was the men's fielding coach. Very sad.

Before anyone asks I don't know if the players with the same surname as some of the men's team are related. They may be.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Don't think SA had their full side out
They didn't. Only a handful of players have played internationals before and they're regulars.

CSA are calling the team "SA Emerging", which as I understand it means they don't consider these matches full internationals. But everyone else seems to be, so I don't know what that does to players' stats.

Himannv

International Coach
Good over from Wareham. Molineux gets the big wicket though - great knock by Verma.

EDIT: She gets Jemimah and Capsey as well. Game changing over!

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Do I only watch her bad games or something? Capsey is turd whenever I watch her.
She's just inconsistent. Kind of expect that given she's still 19. Feels a bit older because she's been around a few years, but still young as hell,

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good WPL finals going on here.

Shreyanka just got Meg Lanning. DC blowing a great start. Shades of the Men's WC 2023 finals here. Amazing powerplay but clutter of wickets now and not sure where the next boundary is coming from against a strong batting side batting second with the dew helping them.

Smriti is just like the opposite of Virat, who was such a polarizing figure. Smriti's number is 18 too but she is just liked by all, it seems. :laugh:

The girls team of RCB is just so easy to get behind.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just about to post that Radha Yadav is looking dangerous and she runs herself out. Guess this Arundhati could have sacrificed her wicket but there was no single there. Its all going wrong for the Capitals. It started with that name IMO. :laugh:

Sunil1z

International Regular
When was the last time a Team won a tournament by defending total in the Final ?
There is too much advantage in batting 2nd nowadays in the finals.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Richa Ghosh... what a superstar. RCB girls showing the guys how it's done. Finally Ee Saala has arrived. 🙂

Well done to them and DC. And a great WPL. Crowds were awesome in Bangalore and Delhi. Hope we add one more team next year and play proper home and away format.