• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much in the same way overseas spinners don't get bought in the men's IPL?
That could be a factor, although Molineux got picked up, and her bowling was well below the likes of Wellington and King in the WBBL. I guess she offers a bit more with the bat, but still.

Molehill

International Captain
England leave out Wyatt and NSB today and boy does their batting get exposed. Some horrendous shot choices, particularly first up (3 Goldens). A similar game to yesterday looks on the cards.

Molehill

International Captain
I'm guessing it was part experiment part resting ahead of the Test match?
Yes, NSB, Wyatt and Bell were all rested. Glenn had an injury.

NSB was also rested from the Sri Lankan series which led to further defeats. She's probably the world's best bat at the mo so taking her out of any side is going to hurt, but the correlation between her presence and victory is getting a little alarming.

Himannv

International Coach
England need more from Capsey - she just hasn't set the world alight yet in internationals. She's a bit too hit and miss, which is not ideal when you come in at 3.

Molehill

International Captain
England need more from Capsey - she just hasn't set the world alight yet in internationals. She's a bit too hit and miss, which is not ideal when you come in at 3.
I think that's a bit tough on her, she's still only 19. England were playing 3 teenagers and 3 22 year olds yesterday. Only Knight and Jones were older than 25 in that team which is quite astonishing. The future is pretty good, but the batting does rely heavily on the three most experienced players (Wyatt, NSB, Knight).

Himannv

International Coach
I think that's a bit tough on her, she's still only 19. England were playing 3 teenagers and 3 22 year olds yesterday. Only Knight and Jones were older than 25 in that team which is quite astonishing. The future is pretty good, but the batting does rely heavily on the three most experienced players (Wyatt, NSB, Knight).
On the surface, yes, I agree. My concern is that she's been around for a while now and has mostly failed.

Molehill

International Captain
On the surface, yes, I agree. My concern is that she's been around for a while now and has mostly failed.
She's only just turned 19. How long is a while? She should've played in the last U18 World Cup but was on senior duty instead. If we're still saying this in 4 years time then fair enough, but I think I'd be willing to cut some slack for a teenager who clearly has outstanding potential. The same can be said of Kemp too who is 18 and returning from a stress fracture.

Molehill

International Captain
India won the toss in the Test Match and are currently 230-4 after just 48 overs. Way too many 4 balls being bowled by England. Also, slightly concerning that they went with an extra bowler over Capsey. With Dunkley opening too, this feels like a major error.

Himannv

International Coach
Surprised that Meghna Singh didn't get picked to play. I think she's quite a decent bowler.

For England, I feel like Glenn is a better option in Tests than Dean. I prefer Dean in limited overs though - she bowls it quite flat and gets it to drift and skid a bit. Glenn might be better suited with the leg spin when paired with Ecclestone's off spin.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Surprised that Meghna Singh didn't get picked to play. I think she's quite a decent bowler.

For England, I feel like Glenn is a better option in Tests than Dean. I prefer Dean in limited overs though - she bowls it quite flat and gets it to drift and skid a bit. Glenn might be better suited with the leg spin when paired with Ecclestone's off spin.
Glenn was injured for the last T20 - maybe not worth the risk?

I'm inclined to agree with Molehill about the balance of the side for England... they are one batter light and one seamer too many. I'd have gone with Capsey over Filer for this one, opened with Wyatt and Dunkley in at 6.

Molehill

International Captain
Glenn was injured for the last T20 - maybe not worth the risk?

I'm inclined to agree with Molehill about the balance of the side for England... they are one batter light and one seamer too many. I'd have gone with Capsey over Filer for this one, opened with Wyatt and Dunkley in at 6.
I'd have had Dunkley nowhere near this team. She was rubbish in the Ashes and I'm not sure what she's done to get back in. Her technique is highly questionable and I expect her to get found out again. The Filer selection has not worked out, although she has been a little unlucky.

I suspect this match will be a draw though, unless England are poor with the bat. I doubt there will be anything in it for the spinners till well into Day 3, and given only 4 days have been allocated......they can make up the overs through 4 days, but what you don't get is as much pitch degradation.

England would've won The Ashes had only 4 days been scheduled for the Test!!