• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just looking at some stats after this game, and green's home away split in ODI is pretty funny (Small sample, tbf). Averages 90 with the bat and 19 with the ball at home, while he averages 25 with the bat and 80 with the ball away.
I wouldn't read any meaning into that really. Like you said, sample size and mostly a coincidence

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't read any meaning into that really. Like you said, sample size and mostly a coincidence
Idk, I reckon there's something there with the bowling atleast. Same thing is present in his test stat's, and purely on the eye test, he looks a much better bowler when he's bowling in AUS conditions then when he's bowling away, even when he toured england last year. Not sure what that's down to.

TheJediBrah

Wtf was Roston Chase doing with that run out? That was deranged. Easy run there, clearly the other guy's call, but Roston just stands there and refuses to run. Then has the audacity to tell the other guy off for it. Allan Donald was a better runner between the wickets

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wtf was Roston Chase doing with that run out? That was deranged. Easy run there, clearly the other guy's call, but Roston just stands there and refuses to run. Then has the audacity to tell the other guy off for it. Allan Donald was a better runner between the wickets
It actually looked even worse live than the broadcast footage. It was blatantly clear that if Chase had run he'd have made it very easily.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
My bad. Tbf the batting is full of the same people, only difference is no Josh to rescue any innings and no Shamar.

This ODI squad is one of the worst we've ever put together I'd say.

I expect us to win the T20 series, we have all our players back and are on a great run of form.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Hope averages 60 as an opener. Also, this Ottley fellow debuted 15 years ago. What's the point?
The logic in Hope going to 4 was to sure up the middle order and before this series it worked. But that is dependent on King and Athanaze or King and Mayers opening, not Ottley.

Other than Hope and Carty, the middle order was full of duds with no white ball pedigree to speak of.

Just a terrible squad which played terrible cricket, robbing us all of any real entertainment.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Smith and Head are sitting out T20 and Short and Ellis are injured. Think that leaves:

1. Warner
2. Inglis
3. Marsh (c)
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. Wade (+)
7. David
8. Abbott
9. Behrendorff
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

There's no-one else in the squad to play except Spencer Johnson (edit: and Hardie)

Last edited:

WICFan

U19 Captain
Smith and Head are sitting out T20 and Short and Ellis are injured. Think that leaves:

1. Warner
2. Inglis
3. Marsh (c)
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. Wade (+)
7. David
8. Abbott
9. Behrendorff
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

There's no-one else in the squad to play except Spencer Johnson has been added as cover (Ellis may become fit?)
I think Aaron Hardie was called up as a replacement.

TheJediBrah

1. Warner
2. Inglis
3. Marsh (c)
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. Wade (+)
7. David
8. Abbott
9. Behrendorff
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

There's no-one else in the squad to play except Spencer Johnson has been added as cover (Ellis may become fit?)
Awful batting, David and Stoinis are joke selections