• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Zimbabwe Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
WOWA! Just woke up this morning to find Zimbabwe had declared at 507/9!:O :D Naturally can't believe it, I'm thinking they can win now, and I'm thinking they will.:)
Obviously you haven't seen the pitch. They would do amazingly well to dismiss Gayle, Lara, Sarwan, Chanders and co. for a low enough score to win the match. That said, Mahwire is certainly an outstanding talent. :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
Zimbabwe proved early on in their innings that you CAN play crap on this pitch.:)
I doubt that the West Indies will throw it away like the top order Zimbabweans do. WI doesn't underestimate Zimbabwe and will likely treat the bowling with how ever much respect it deserves.

Chubb

International Regular
As much as I want Zimbabwe to win, I think it's going to be a draw. But, if the Zim boys come out psyched up, anything can happen.

Rich2001

International Captain
Top stuff to Zimbabwe, they never drop their heads and even coming of the back of massive beatting from both England and Australia they haven't just given up at the sight of Lara in the nets ;)

Seems intresting now maybe Liam can enlighten us to why the WICB deciced to drop probley the most experianced bolwer in Dillion?? was that injury related or just underesitmating the Zimbabwe side and thinking they could let him rest while others polished them off?

Craig

World Traveller
Rich2001 said:
Top stuff to Zimbabwe, they never drop their heads and even coming of the back of massive beatting from both England and Australia they haven't just given up at the sight of Lara in the nets ;)

Seems intresting now maybe Liam can enlighten us to why the WICB deciced to drop probley the most experianced bolwer in Dillion?? was that injury related or just underesitmating the Zimbabwe side and thinking they could let him rest while others polished them off?
Without knowing the full extent of Taylor's injury, I would say Merv will play in the next Test or they will go for Rampaul. Most likely Merv.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rich2001 said:
Dillon had a shoulder strain and was deemed not fit for the tour match versus Zimbabwe A. However, reports are that he was passed fit for the Test match but was not included anyway. Dillon wasn't too happy about it, but I'm certain he'll be back for the 2nd Test.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
Without knowing the full extent of Taylor's injury, I would say Merv will play in the next Test or they will go for Rampaul. Most likely Merv.
Hopefully Rampaul won't be allowed near the Test XI for another year or two. He's clearly not ready and I think that the WICB is very stupid to expose him this early. He got dished for 120odd runs, wicketless at 4 an over against Zimbabwe A.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
The predictions league is being ruined by this game!
It already is, marc. I'm leading, remember :P

Looks like the Windies have to hit those runs pretty fast. Just checked the weather forecast, they predict showers and thunderstorms for the 4th and 5th day. Better get batsmen in there and tell them to imagine it's a Twenty20 (or any West Indies equivalent) game.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That will be a big shame if weather ruins it.

Liam, you sound awfully confident that the Windies will knock those runs off with ease :)
Sometimes playing that way can get you into trouble...Australia tend to buck that trend however lol.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bizarre start to Day 3, I don't think I've ever heard or seen this before: (from Cricinfo)

Unbelievable it may seem but the start is delayed because one of the practice balls rolled under the roller and it was pressed into the track and it has made a hole in the good length area ground staffs are now trying to repair the pitch!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Well play has been abandoned, this is one of the strangest things I've heard. What the hell is this? How could it have happened!?! How?:O :O

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tim said:
That will be a big shame if weather ruins it.

Liam, you sound awfully confident that the Windies will knock those runs off with ease :)
Sometimes playing that way can get you into trouble...Australia tend to buck that trend however lol.
Once again, you guys haven't seen the pitch. It's as flat as anything. There is no life in it. However, those rollers may have done something...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Play due to resume in a few minutes. Lara went out and supervised the pitch repair as they had to remove pieces of the pitch and add new pieces which they removed from behind the stumps. Lara seems satisfied, but I personally would not be to keen to chase 507 on a pitch which had to be surgically repaired.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I suppose it depends on where the ball was embedded on the pitch. Was it around the center, a good length, what?