• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Zimbabwe Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Going on the form of Edwards start to his international career, Edwards will take 5 or so wickets and go at bugger all an over.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Edwards and Rampaul are playing with Powell missing out.

68/0 after 11 overs.

CH Gayle 50 (31)

Tremendous shots some of them.

Craig

World Traveller
WI 96/0 after off 15 overs.

Gayle is showing his complete disregard for any Zimbawean bowler by blasting 51* off 33 balls.

Honestly this is such slow batting by Gayle :lol: :D :P

Gayle 51*(33b 7x4 3x6) Hinds 35*(57b 4x4 1x6)

BTW Streak won the toss and decided to bowl.

Craig

World Traveller
Gayle was caught by Taibu off Ervine.

Lara scoring a slow 2* off 12 balls :yawn:

WI 101/1 off 17.4 overs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Craig said:
Gayle gone next ball. He got bored.
I find that hard to believe considering he attempted to run a slower ball down to third man :rolleyes:. It was a great catch that dismissed Gayle, he didn't give away his wicket.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A whole 12 balls??? Say it isn't so!
Yep.

Lara has moved to 5 runs off 18 balls. Although he should start timing the ball well and getting runs. He has a great platform to score off.

Craig

World Traveller
Lol, by my calucaltions it is around 3.30am Trinidiad Time as I am 14 hours ahead of you, there is no way I could ever stay up that late or get at that time of the morning.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mistake on my part in reporting that Powell was dropped. It is Samuels who was dropped. I can only hope that it's because he's somehow not fit.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well, well, well. Mr. Asoka is missing noballs now. He just called one off of Blignaut and 3/4 of his foot was behind the line. Not sure where he pulled that one out from. :lol:

Craig

World Traveller
Hinds got his 4th ODI 100 for WI.

Well done, he is a fairly good one-day player. Tell me, how did Ashocka get on the ICC Panel?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Hinds batted superbly to a hundred, but since then he's struggled to get the ball away. Contrast to Gayle's hundred last week when Gayle did his best after getting to the milestone.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Hinds got his 4th ODI 100 for WI.

Well done, he is a fairly good one-day player. Tell me, how did Ashocka get on the ICC Panel?
No-one knows, Craig, but the duck's glad he did.

I like Wavell and Crystal as an opening pair - as good as the West Indies have had for many years (stating the obvious, I know).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Hinds then proceeds to make me look foolish and smash 3 fours and a six in 4 balls before the rains. When it rains it pours. :(

256/3 (45 overs)
WW Hinds 127 not out (141 - 10 fours, 4 sixes)
S Chanderpaul 3 not out (5)

'Twas good to see Sarwan finding some form.