• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe and South Africa

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for that, Perm, 96 run out! Top innings from him though- it is great to see him fulfull the talent everyone always knew he had.
:( Cursed out loud when I seen he had been dismissed. So gutted.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Anyone seen the CricInfo live-scorecard for this match? At the time of this post it reads:
Played at Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo, on 7 December 2008 (50-over match)
:laugh:

Stapel

International Regular
Pfffff, from 167/0 in the 37th over to 232/9 in 50 overs. Quite a collaps that is!

Chubb

International Regular
It was a shame no-one could support the efforts of the two openers. You could argue that they both should have got tons, but sometimes you can't do that, so you look to others for support and today it wasn't given. It was still very encouraging to see Masakadza and Sibanda making runs against a useful bowling attack, and it bodes well.

Laurrz

International Debutant
My Test team v Saffers (with the players of the squad)

Gayle*
Ganga
Devon Smith
Chanderpaul
Samuels
Bravo
Ramdin+
Sammy/Lewis (depending on conditions)
Taylor
Edwards
Collins

a big fan of Collins, he's in the squad so he's fit.. hope they pick him..if it's swinging which it will in South Africa he will be a handful...
it's a pretty good fast bowling attack actually... wish Collymore was fit.. he would love these conditions

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Dropped due to some terrible performances in Barbados domestic cricket and the KFC cup.

He seems to have lost even more pace believe it or not.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
My Test team v Saffers (with the players of the squad)

Gayle*
Ganga
Devon Smith
Chanderpaul
Samuels
Bravo
Ramdin+
Sammy/Lewis (depending on conditions)
Taylor
Edwards
Collins

a big fan of Collins, he's in the squad so he's fit.. hope they pick him..if it's swinging which it will in South Africa he will be a handful...
it's a pretty good fast bowling attack actually... wish Collymore was fit.. he would love these conditions
Morton for Smith and I'm with you.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Dropped due to some terrible performances in Barbados domestic cricket and the KFC cup.

He seems to have lost even more pace believe it or not.
:( :( i am a huge fan of his bowling...

he is still hovering around the top 10 in the test bowling rankings... *sigh

Athlai

Not Terrible
Powell looked good in England and in the ODI series generated real pace, will this continue or will he fizzle away?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Powell looked good in England and in the ODI series generated real pace, will this continue or will he fizzle away?
He doesn't have great stamina from what I've seen. He often generates serious pace in ODIs but I'm yet to see him do that very often in test cricket. Whether it's a rhythm thing or he just doesn't trust his body to go for five days doing it as opposed to 10 overs I'm not sure, but it's certainly something I've noticed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He doesn't have great stamina from what I've seen. He often generates serious pace in ODIs but I'm yet to see him do that very often in test cricket. Whether it's a rhythm thing or he just doesn't trust his body to go for five days doing it as opposed to 10 overs I'm not sure, but it's certainly something I've noticed.
I remember in one of the later Tests something fired him up and he looked great from then on. Some tiff with a player I believe, he really did look quite good from then on.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Best Test side for WI:

Gayle
Ganga
Chanderpaul
Morton
Samuels
Bravo
Ramdin
Sammy
Powell
Taylor
Collins

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May be posted somewhere else, but can't be arsed to search it. This makes it pretty obvious why West Indies are so dire on the field.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tony Cozier said:
Pedro Collins and Daren Ganga arrived at Johannesburg's OR Tambo International Airport by British Airways from London early yesterday morning, after their 36-hour journey from the Caribbean, expecting to join the West Indies squad that had flown in the previous evening from Zimbabwe for the forthcoming tour of South Africa.

They found no one on hand to meet them, had no idea where the team was, carried no contact numbers for West Indies or Cricket South Africa (CSA) officials and no instructions to advise them of their next move.
Unbelievable.
It was the culmination of an exhausting trip that started Sunday evening out of Grantley Adams International Airport in Barbados and involved 13 hours' in transit in London where they transferred from Gatwick to Heathrow.

Although no provision was made by the WICB for an accommodation stopover, Ganga said they had booked themselves into a hotel in London rather than having to remain in the departure lounge at Heathrow.
It really does beggar belief. The poor communications record of cricket boards (certainly the WICB aren't alone in their shocking paucity) is something I just cannot comprehend.

Laurrz

International Debutant
can i ask, excuse my ignorance, what is this makhaya ntini XI thing? why is it named after him?