• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Trained with the NZ boys today. All the batsmen looked pretty good except for Taylor who looked a bit average.

It'd be slightly unfair to say that Tim Southee's carrying a spare tire, but he has definitely put on a decent amount of weight recently.

I'll be interested to read what you guys think about McCullum's new bat and gloves tonight!

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Man, it's an absolute peach of a day in the capital. Would've been perfect for a deciding match...

:dontgetit

Anyway, my team for the 20/20 and ODI games
20/20
McCullum, Ryder, Flynn, Styris, Taylor, Oram, Elliot, Vettori, Mills, Southee, Patel
ODI
McCullum, Ryder, How, Taylor, Styris, Oram, Elliot, Vettori, Mills, Southee, Gillespie/Patel
20/20

McCullum, 2) Ryder, 3)Flynn 4)Taylor, 5) Styris 6)Broom/Anderson/Williamson 7)Oram, 8)Vettori 9)Franklin, 10)Southee 11) Mills.

odi

1)Ryder, 2)McCullum, 3) Flynn 4)Taylor, 5)Styris, 6)Williamson,/Anderson, /Broom, 7)Oram,8)Vettori 9)Southee, 10) Mills, 11)OBrien/Martin/Gillespie

Reckon they should chuck in either Broom, Anderson, or Williamson, and give them a go, especially in 20/20, which I still see as more of a hit and giggle, than a serious game. .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Windies favorites 65/35 for mine, Gayle could murder these short boundaries. That said if he's out early it'll be back to 50/50 just like that

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sub Fielders in 20:20 games

What is Gillespie doing on the pitch? You shouldn't be allowed sub-fielders in 20:20 except for in-game injuries.

I'm not sure who's off the pitch, but if its Jacob Oram (for example) if you decide to play a guy who may have a disadvantage in the field (due to his current glass finger affliction) then he should have to field for all 20 overs.

Southee's over here has been a shocker. 1st and 5th balls have been truly abysmal. Last ball coming up...

HeathDavisSpeed

LOL@nz ..
Why? The West Indies threw this game away. Chris Gayle should be bloody livid with the middle order's performance here. Once again, he's done the hard yards and his team haven't backed him up.

If anyone should be 'LOL'ed at, it should be the stream of West Indian batsman who got out to some appalling shots - Baugh, Pollard and Findley for example. Not an intelligent shot between 'em.

sammy2

Banned
I like it when you were quiet and was too ashame to post. All those batsmen aren't regulars..part time players.

The fact, west indies deserve to win this game.

HeathDavisSpeed

Meh, he's just baiting like he always does
Pah. Stick your stating the facts up ya *******. I'd much rather respond without without any thought to what's going on whatsoever.

Looking forward to this "Mediocre Over" lark. Expecting it to be like the penalty shoot out at the end of an MLS game.

Anyone else wondering why Brendan Nash wasn't playing today? He was looking in pretty good form at Napier. They could have done with his experience to guide them home.

EDIT: I welcome one esteemed poster to this thread to my very distinguished "Ignore" list. Only the lowest of the low make it on there. For example, Bond21, Phlegm and Voltman have yet to achieve this dizzying accolade.

Last edited: