• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't argue with the runs but Phillips isn't the most aesthetically pleasing. Looks the same ungainly batsman from a few years back. Conway however is very easy on the eyes.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
West Indies absolutely need guys like Naraine, Andre Russell, both the Bravos at the least when they tour. With those in the lineup they can compete. I honestly over rated this WI side and under rated black caps. Maybe we haven't seen the best of WI yet but with the kind of players they have at their disposal but aren't playing must be frustrating for their supporters.

nzfan

We know McCullum is coaching Seifert but please stop focusing on him unnecessarily. Every keeper in the planet dives around quite naturally. Don't judge his keeping in T20s, on an average there's going to be 10 to 20 balls in a game for the keeper.

Save it for one day or test cricket. The truth is he's probably the worst of the lot of all keepers we have in NZ. He can bat though.

nzfan

If and when Kane is back, best to get Conway to keep if they can't afford both Seifert and Phillips. Or talk to the boss nicely and say focus on one day and test cricket :)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Great to see jamieson bowling brilliantly as well. New Zealand look like an extremely strong side when there first choice guys are back.

Phillips +
Guptil
Kane
Conway
Rosco/Somoene else
Neesh
CDG/Anderson
Santner
Jamieson
Boult
Fergo

Looks like an extremely strong side. If Munro is playing slot Phillips down to 4/5 with Conway and boot out rosco.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a start to the season - the depth that is being built is unlike what we've seen before. It will be very interesting if Milne does well in the Big Bash how he might fit into the team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
We know McCullum is coaching Seifert but please stop focusing on him unnecessarily. Every keeper in the planet dives around quite naturally. Don't judge his keeping in T20s, on an average there's going to be 10 to 20 balls in a game for the keeper.

Save it for one day or test cricket. The truth is he's probably the worst of the lot of all keepers we have in NZ. He can bat though.
The bias Baz has for Seifert is pretty clear. Even before they worked together I’d wager Baz saw how similar their approach at the crease looked and liked that narrative. The gulf in class between Phillips and Seifert today was astronomical. And Phillips has clearly moved his game forward to being more productive on the front foot, whereas I see Seifert doing the same thing series after series.

The Hutt Rec

What a start to the season - the depth that is being built is unlike what we've seen before. It will be very interesting if Milne does well in the Big Bash how he might fit into the team.
I was thinking about this during the game. The NZ selector and coach talk about having a stable side and giving players plenty of opportunities creating a great culture when explaining why Conway wasn’t in the test squad. But I think with the depth in the country now this is really based on an outdated reaction to a 2005-12ish state of play, where there really was no depth, and selections were scattergun, trying to find a diamond in the rough. I think we could really benefit from giving more players an opportunity now, and putting more emphasis on form rather than incumbency. Because the talent is definitely there in domestic cricket.

nzfan

I was thinking about this during the game. The NZ selector and coach talk about having a stable side and giving players plenty of opportunities creating a great culture when explaining why Conway wasn’t in the test squad. But I think with the depth in the country now this is really based on an outdated reaction to a 2005-12ish state of play, where there really was no depth, and selections were scattergun, trying to find a diamond in the rough. I think we could really benefit from giving more players an opportunity now, and putting more emphasis on form rather than incumbency. Because the talent is definitely there in domestic cricket.
To see the depth just check the way NZ A has gone in the last two or three years. Since playing Pakistan A in UAE they haven't lost a game in 3/4 dayers.

Bet India A in one day series last year. Even when NZ A is fielded against visiting international sides they've gone very well. Shows the depth of NZ cricket at the moment.

One thing they can do is set up few A tours to South Africa, Australia and maybe to England. That'll do world of good if we have to sustain this for few years. Money could be a problem though but if we keep making finals of world cup and win consistently the big three will contribute through bilateral series.

Flem274*

123/5
im glad they did the little segment on seifert's keeping because i was thinking myself it was way tidier. not seifert's fault mccullum makes the same point 15 times in commentary. he and warne together would be a broken tape player.

kyle jamieson was hitting 140 semi-regularly today. jeez, if he can sustain that pace across test spells from that height and swing...

i have zero issues with conway and kane in the same side. in a wc you want a bit more cake anyway. hopefully mark chapman takes his opportunity tomorrow because he's a good player and also bowls jammy spin we could find a use for in india.

im surprised duffy can't get in ahead of bracewell and kuggs.

nzfan

Forgot to mention the senior Smith and the NZ's own junior Smith getting a hundy each today.