• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm probably in a minority but I actually think he has a good voice for commentary. Talks complete **** and never be allowed near the mic for that reason, but still.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always wanted to know whether Sidhu is also like this when he commentates in Hindi. Can anyone confirm?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm actually struggling to believe that the image-obsessed BCCI could allow a man who beat an old man to death over a car accident to commentate in matches in which they participate.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No doubt you learned Hindi from constantly going to the Indian restaurant around the corner and eating plenty of vindaloo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Always wanted to know whether Sidhu is also like this when he commentates in Hindi. Can anyone confirm?
He obviously doesn't have a great command of English but I don't think it's his main problem. The extended metaphors are annoying but his biggest problem is that his outlook on cricket/life is just really ridiculous. He'd be crap in any language IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My point was does he use the stupid extended metaphors in Hindi.

Also, his English is fine for mine.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My point was does he use the stupid extended metaphors in Hindi.

Also, his English is fine for mine.
I always figured he used the extended metaphors because he didn't know how to express his point speaking properly, owing to his average command of English. Maybe he's just weird though.

.. which is I guess what you were asking.