• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shami does actually appear to be a pretty good bowler, seems like India are building a nice little attack here
Yeah the difference between when I first saw him and how he bowled in the ODI series against Australia was huge. Massive improvement since being promoted to the national setup. Hopefully for India's sake it is a genuine improvement and not just a purple patch.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah the difference between when I first saw him and how he bowled in the ODI series against Australia was huge. Massive improvement since being promoted to the national setup. Hopefully for India's sake it is a genuine improvement and not just a purple patch.
It's hard to cast judgment on any bowler from that series. What exactly would be the right area to bowl? Aside from yorkers?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's hard to cast judgment on any bowler from that series. What exactly would be the right area to bowl? Aside from yorkers?
Nah you're getting me backwards. I was actually really impressed with what I saw from Shami in that series and thought it was a significant improvement from the first time I saw him bowl.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It wasn't just the lack of flight, it was the full sidespin when limited his turn, while he kept his line and length he bowled too flat, as we are seeing now with Ohja you can bowl attackingly from ball one if you're any good

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Nah you're getting me backwards. I was actually really impressed with what I saw from Shami in that series and thought it was a significant improvement from the first time I saw him bowl.
Ah gotcha. More impressive to me was how Shami did on the India A tour of WI. The only reliable bowler on that tour. He seems to have sufficient pace at 135-140 and can move it. That beats Ishant bowling 145kph longhops

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
It wasn't just the lack of flight, it was the full sidespin when limited his turn, while he kept his line and length he bowled too flat, as we are seeing now with Ohja you can bowl attackingly from ball one if you're any good
You mean when he was undercutting the ball to get it to slide on? He was looking more for drift than turn early on with a newer ball. That's actually a pretty smart move. It's usually easier to get drift than turn with the new ball. Only if you have a red soil pitch like Chennai or Mumbai should you be looking for turn so early.

Samuels really screwed up. That was a really predictable arm ball from Ojha that should have been dealt with better by King Marlon. Throwing a dart after flighting one usually amounts to predictable cowardice.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy **** at the complete silence when he hit that six and four. Really hate Indian crowds sometimes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Holy **** at the complete silence when he hit that six and four. Really hate Indian crowds sometimes.
I'll never forget that glorious Haddin cover drive a couple of days ago that wasn't actually acknowledged in any way by the crowd or the commentators. Gavaskar just started talking about the field placings. :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sadly it wasn't always this bad. We used to be appreciative of atleast big milestones like hundreds... Now hardly anyone claps at all. It's a problem with subcontinent crowds in general.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I'll never forget that glorious Haddin cover drive a couple of days ago that wasn't actually acknowledged in any way by the crowd or the commentators. Gavaskar just started talking about the field placings. :laugh:
I'm still waiting for Gavaskar to tell me what the other side to the Watson-Dhawan story is that instigated Dhawan into imitating the limp

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah, that was **** but that was a special case in the sense that there were so many boundaries and sixes (albeit that one was awesome).

But if that is happening in the first session of a test match, well I shouldn't be surprised I guess. Indian crowds are **** with that kind of stuff.