• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
***** exaggerating his outrage as per usual these days. The no ball thing annoys me a lot and it obviously can throw a bowler off his run up, but nowadays bowlers know that umpires aren't calling no ball's unless it's a wicket. Therefore, if the umpire isn't calling no balls on non wicket taking deliveries, it does not necessarily mean his foot is behind the line. Bowlers just cannot make that assumption any more, because they know umpires aren't helping them. With this knowledge in mind, they can't then have a wahhhh. Just adapt and get your foot behind the crease.

Daemon

Personally thought there was nothing wrong with the declaration. They aren't chasing 460, no point staying out on the park for nothing when the bowlers can get some extra time off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That wicket is so good. Ramdin the wors5 cricketer in the world is out and it should reduce the boring declaration wahhhs that may be true but will be really dull to read about.

And it wasn't a no ball so ***** is happy.

Cricket the winner there.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah, its not the umpire's job to tell the bowler how to do his ****ing job, with all the work they do in the nets and coaching they get.
They work in the nets to perfect their runup to a tee. Make it such a part of their muscle memory that they could bowl in their sleep.

They then go out to the field, measure it out in steps, drop a marker at the point from which they start their runup.

Sometimes mistakes happen, and they drop that marker down a little too close to the crease, and as such when they run in to bowl, they overstep.

Sometimes they're not in perfect rhythm, and are adding/losing a step somewhere in the runup.

Either way, they cannot tell they are overstepping until and unless the umpires call them. Once called, they can re-measure their run up, drag the marker back a bit, make the adjustment and return to normal.

It's not like they're bowling no-balls in the nets and then carrying that bad habit into the field. That's not how bowling works at all. Bowlers never look at the crease when they run in. They make sure they're starting off their runup from an appropriate distance to ensure their foot lands behind the line. Sometimes mistakes happen. This isn't something that will be fixed by coaching. The umpires just need to do their ****ing job.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****s sake ***** lol. God damn you

Someone create a declaration wahh thread and no ball wahhh thread.

cnerd123

likes this
***** exaggerating his outrage as per usual these days. The no ball thing annoys me a lot and it obviously can throw a bowler off his run up, but nowadays bowlers know that umpires aren't calling no ball's unless it's a wicket. Therefore, if the umpire isn't calling no balls on non wicket taking deliveries, it does not necessarily mean his foot is behind the line. Bowlers just cannot make that assumption any more, because they know umpires aren't helping them. With this knowledge in mind, they can't then have a wahhhh. Just adapt and get your foot behind the crease.
TBF I've noticed some bowlers recently now bowl from well behind the crease. I think they're realising that umpires aren't going to be calling them properly, and so the risk of toeing the line isn't worth it. Will take a while till it catches on all over though.

Still sucks.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can tell when you are trolling but I'm still not quite sure with Gnske.

But fine I'll stop geez.
I hope you never are sure and I hope each time you see one of my posts it makes you extremely uncomfortable.

OverratedSanity

Haha wtf Cricbuzz **** itself for some reason. It's showing that Australia are 68/7. Got confused but excited for a second.