• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* WCL - Global Div 4, Italy 2010

Predict 2 teams who could qualify? (Pls select min & max of 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jashan83

U19 Captain
Bad luck for today's matches. Anyways guess they will be replayed on Monday.

Prediction for tomorrow's matches:
Nepal (Very tough choice, definitely Italy is no walk through)
Argentina
USA
I also have the same picks though I believe Nepal will have it easy. Rather USA will have a tough time against Tanzania. They ain't any pushovers.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Bad luck for today's matches. Anyways guess they will be replayed on Monday.

Prediction for tomorrow's matches:
Nepal (Very tough choice, definitely Italy is no walk through)
Argentina
USA
Agree completely. Italy probably has the best chance to prove this premonition wrong... but I doubt they will more than Nepal winning.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I also have the same picks though I believe Nepal will have it easy. Rather USA will have a tough time against Tanzania. They ain't any pushovers.
If it was anyother venue I would hav opted for Nepal. As they are playing at home Italy cant be taken easily.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Bad News:- 2 matches again delayed

Good News:- Match of USA & Tanzania has already started.

Good news:- It's not overcast.

Good news:- Inspection for grounds in 30 Min. And work is already going on in ground.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Update for Italy Nepal match

"Well the umpires are still not happy starting the game as few areas inside the circle are still quite wet. The good news is that the Sun is out and we should get some play in, hopefully.

The next inspection will be in 30 minutes time, we will keep you posted as things move along "

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
sad that Nepal lost today....all the experienced batsmen could not click today....not used to playing on astro turf...have to win against USA.

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
good win against Argentina today....Nepal will feel more confident when they face USA next.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hey, some of them are born in Yankland. Unlike the Italians.

Italy v Tanzania a semi & promotion play-off tomorrow. Nepal stuck in D4 for another two years :o

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Nepal stuck in D4 for another two years :o
Not entirely true. Since they have 4 points they need to win and the loser of Italy v Tanzania to get a lower NRR than them and have the USA lose and get a lower NRR then them, but yes they are pretty much there for another two years.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
USA 1 for 2 after 1st over against Argentina...

Well this allows me to turn the game off and maybe go to bed now cause it doesn't get much more embarrassing than this.

EDIT: Scratch that it's 3 for 4 now... Massiah has 1, there are 2 wides AND HALF THE BLOODY ORDER IS SHOWERING!!! All in 2 overs. Christ...

Last edited:

dro87

U19 12th Man
Hey, some of them are born in Yankland. Unlike the Italians.

Italy v Tanzania a semi & promotion play-off tomorrow. Nepal stuck in D4 for another two years :o
Actually we have two players born in Italy Alessandro Bonora the skipper, and Luis Di Giglio who learnt all his cricket in Italy. Plus six other players have an Italian mother or father, which makes them 100% italian ;)

If KP, Morgan, Trott etc play for England, and how can all our players not be considered Italians?

Italy 179/4 of 40.3 overs in the mean time, we need to start pushing for a bigger target.. Italy have a real good platform and a great chance to go to Hong Kong!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
USA 1 for 2 after 1st over against Argentina...

Well this allows me to turn the game off and maybe go to bed now cause it doesn't get much more embarrassing than this.

EDIT: Scratch that it's 3 for 4 now... Massiah has 1, there are 2 wides AND HALF THE BLOODY ORDER IS SHOWERING!!! All in 2 overs. Christ...
Yea a bizarre scorecard that one. 0 0 1 58 0 0 102* 122*

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Actually we have two players born in Italy Alessandro Bonora the skipper, and Luis Di Giglio who learnt all his cricket in Italy. Plus six other players have an Italian mother or father, which makes them 100% italian ;)
Correction appreciated :)

Decent win for Italy anyway today, congrats :) May I ask how your career is doing?

205 runs for the seventh USA wicket :-O

dro87

U19 12th Man
Italy are back in the ICC WCL 3!! I'll go to Bologna tommorow to watch the final!

My career? Well my "international career" has actually started.. Last year i went with the Italy A team to tour Jersey, playing friendlys with Jersey teams, while last month i was again in Jersey with the full Italian National team playing the European Championships (we had a few players missing)- but still i played four games out of five.. Could have done much better, but still was and am honored to have played for my country!