• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
oh come on, Yuvraj hardly bowls.

I thought India would get 280, so 296 is a good result.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
How is the Pitch like. I mean is it a Batsman's paradise or bowlers would get some help from it.

Do you think Australia would be able to chase this total.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

masterblaster

International Captain
Tim said:
oh come on, Yuvraj hardly bowls.

I thought India would get 280, so 296 is a good result.
He does bowl, he would bowl more with Sehwag and Sachin out. But now that Badani and Gavaskar are doing a good job, Ganguly feels that Yuvraj in the field is more valuable. Because when he's bowling, that critical region of point is filled by somebody who isn't as good as Yuvraj is.

He is very handy with the ball when he gets going. He's a crucial partnership breaker, but his fielding is more important to India.

FRAZ

International Captain
India is great but not in last 10 overs . They seriously need genuine bowling allrounders and hard and meaty hitters . Like of late order of Pakistan with likes of , Shoaib Malik , Abdul Razzaq and Azhar Mehmood . I am sure India will be unbeatable on any surface .

SquidAU said:
What is wrong with the selectors.....it's been more than a few matches against India to show that Australia cannot bowl them out......replace Lee
Brett Lee was Australia's best bowler today. Do we have to replace the rest of the attack, too?

Rajat, 296 on that pitch is a fantastic effort. It definitely doesn't have the runs in it that the 'Gabba did. I am confident of a Katich failure, a Clarke run-feast (to win the game) and a return to form for Marto.

Part 1 of my prophecy comes to fruition; Katich fails. But if we're going down, we're going down in style!! Adam Gilchrist 46 off 27.

Slow Love™

International Captain
GO, GILLY, GO!

So far this season, the Indians have completely had his measure - now, if only he can survive for another ten to fifteen overs or so.

Badani's taking his frustrations out on the boundary rope...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Good lord, the groundskeepers have made a hash of getting the covers on when the rain came down - first, a gate was shut that had to be opened before they could get on the ground, and then, they fumbled and messed about incompetently with the hessians, while the pitch and surrounding area got a nice three to four minutes of torrential downpour.

Gonna juice the track up a bit.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeh that was really pathetic from the grounds men.
Everyman and his dog knew that it was going to bucket down yet they werent even ready.

The pitch was bucketed for a good 3 minutes.
Soaked Soaked Soaked.

Could change the game.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about the ineptitude of the groundsmen, but if Gilly's having one of his days, it won't matter if the pitch is hard and flat or juicy and zipping around everywhere. It just won't matter :D

V Reddy

International Debutant
No chance of the match starting now b'coz there was water on the pitch. Even the person from TV crew slipped on the pitch while trying to remove the microphone. The match shouldn't start now for India's sake b'coz DL would favour Aus

There's no water on the pitch, it's fine. D/L isn't part of the game until after the 25th over so if there is no play now the match is abandoned.

V Reddy

International Debutant
vishnureddy said:
No chance of the match starting now b'coz there was water on the pitch. Even the person from TV crew slipped on the pitch while trying to remove the microphone. The match shouldn't start now for India's sake b'coz DL would favour Aus
spoken too soon

Andre

International Regular
Arrow said:
Yeh that was really pathetic from the grounds men.
Everyman and his dog knew that it was going to bucket down yet they werent even ready.

The pitch was bucketed for a good 3 minutes.
Soaked Soaked Soaked.

Could change the game.
To be fair, the gate malfunctioned so they couldn't get on the ground.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
furious_ged said:
There's no water on the pitch, it's fine. D/L isn't part of the game until after the 25th over so if there is no play now the match is abandoned.
A victory via D/L does not come into play until 25 overs are completed. A D/L target may be set from the start of the innings, therefore it can and has come into play. Australia smashing it...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
So many short and wide deliveries. Don't the Indians ever learn? For YEARS, they've been doing that!

Karthik is bowling decently well right now. Perhaps he should be a regular in the team and should play the last few matches, and bowl alongside Kumble. This Indian pace attack is really weak and should be cut down to two. Maybe they can pick 3 in Pakistan.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yuvraj fakes an injury because the rain was coming again. Then Pathan gets 2 in a row. Maryn gets the last ball he would have wanted out of form. I would say 9 times out of 10 he wouldn't have nicked that, but it happens when you're out of form. The amount of times Ponting got that exact ball against Khan in the first test and didn't nick! Just goes to show the luck goes your way when your in form.

PY

International Coach
Gilchrist OUT.

Looked easy for Aus a moment ago but that RRR is above 6 an over now.

Someone needs to step up to the plate.