• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

luvaus

Cricket Spectator
IND won every matches and BD won against WI

Indian under19 won every matches and Bangladesh won against Westindies against 3 match series. But WI managed beat BD in one match in BD. So the current ranking should be:

1. India
2. Bangladesh
3. Pakistan
4. West Indies
5. Austrelia
6. Srilanka
7. England

Lets see!!

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
India,but india have yet to be really tested.
Bangladesh beat pakistan,and pakistan have been beaten so technichally no.
I think australia will be strong,as strong as last time.We have the return of hill,hughes,pattinson if fit back,and falukner back bowling,+ steve smith.
Srilanka competitive.
England no,won;t make the semis' quarters maybe.
South africa No,quarters maybe.
Interested how NZ will go southee is a hot prospect.

Ben Stinga

Cricket Spectator
India to win I reckon. Pakistan are a good chance also.

Keep an eye on a few of the associate nation players as well.

Paul Stirling, James Hall and Chris Dougherty from Ireland.

Gyanendra Malla, Paras Khadka and Amrit Bhatterai from Nepal.

Raymond van Schoor, Sean Silver and Dawid Botha from Namibia.

Jacob Mado, Loa Nou and Tony Ura from PNG.

Malachi Jones and Rodney Trott from Bermuda.

Ahmed Faiz and Aminuddin Ramly from Malaysia.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Personally reckon India have the best youth setup in the world and that's reflacted in their results at u-19 level over the last 2 years.

However, the best team does not always triumph in a multi team tournament like this.
India probably had the best side at the 2006 u-19 wc but Pakistan came through on the day.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Keep an eye on a few of the associate nation players as well.

Paul Stirling, James Hall and Chris Dougherty from Ireland.
James Shannon is also a decent talent, i reckon he can go far. Paul Stirling is different class in schools cricket here. You can't bowl to the guy, he seems to be able to hit the ball anywhere when he pleases.

Ben Stinga

Cricket Spectator
DCC_Legend

Ireland seem to have an outstanding batting line-up for this tournament.

How does the bowling look to you?

luvaus

Cricket Spectator
Chance for Ireland is good!!

To be honest, Ireland has pretty good chance of making it to the 2nd round.

They just to beat England or Bangladesh to do so. England could be a much preferable victim. Though the other must win game will be against Bermuda.

Ireland was beaten by England on previous occation......n......by only 4 runs!! I hope Ireland has more experienced players than the previous terms.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably one of NZ's best U19 sides in awhile I think.

Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson and Tim Southee are already playing domestic cricket at the ages of 17 and 18. Those are the 3 to watch out for..very very good players.

The other is Trent Boult, he's ridiculously quick for an 18 year old. Already hits 140 km's..if (and that's a big if) he stays fit..in a few years time he could be the answer for Shane Bond.

Other than that..a solid side and I think they'll be looking to at least make it past group stage and I'd say anything other than that is a bonus considering how NZ teams before them have performed.

Flem274*

123/5
Probably one of NZ's best U19 sides in awhile I think.

Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson and Tim Southee are already playing domestic cricket at the ages of 17 and 18. Those are the 3 to watch out for..very very good players.

The other is Trent Boult, he's ridiculously quick for an 18 year old. Already hits 140 km's..if (and that's a big if) he stays fit..in a few years time he could be the answer for Shane Bond.

Other than that..a solid side and I think they'll be looking to at least make it past group stage and I'd say anything other than that is a bonus considering how NZ teams before them have performed.
Trent Boult is a legend. He's got the swing, the pace, the yorker (and what a yorker it is), the fielding and the James Franklin resemblence. :p

He just needs some more accuracy, though I've only seen him play once TBF.

cricman

International 12th Man
I think we (Bangladesh) have really good chance to win the World Cup, but the selectors selected Dollar Mahmud to play in the 3 day match vs SA for the upcoming tour, he's the best Pace Bowler and is All rounder in ODI cricket. We beat the Windies w/o him not sure about Pakistan tho.

The only way were gonna win the WC is we have to finish 1st in the group stages no way I wanna play India in the QF, there just too good. If I wanna play them I'd play them in the finals where we might have some confidence going into the match.

Ben Stinga

Cricket Spectator
Anyone got any score updates from the first day of warm-up matches?

I think we have
New Zealand v India
Ireland v Papua New Guinea
Bangladesh v Malaysia
Pakistan v England

brockley

International Captain
Cricket: India leapfrog Australia after Melbourne win
New Zealand's under-19 cricket team were beaten in their two practice matches by Australia under-19 en route to this month's youth World Cup in Malaysia.

The first of the two games in Brisbane was one-sided.

Australia made 237 for seven in 40 overs, with two wickets apiece for Canterbury's Corey Anderson and Anurag Verma from Northern Districts.

New Zealand were dismissed for just 71, of which Otago's Michael Bracewell, nephew of national coach John Bracewell, hit 47.

The second game was closer, Australia winning by 27 runs, after making 263. Again Verma, with two for 31 from nine overs, was the pick of the attack.

Bracewell, with another 47, and Wellington's Harry Boam, with 37, were the pick of the batsmen.

Tim Southee, who impressed for the Black Caps in last week's Twenty20s, will join the under-19 team in Malaysia.

New Zealand have warm-up games against India and Ireland this week before the tournament starts next Sunday

Ben Stinga

Cricket Spectator
I can only find one result from day 1 of the warm-ups at this stage.

Bangladesh 270-7 d Malaysia 103

Malaysia are most likely the weakest side at the tournament, so no surprise there.