• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It wasn't that easy! He was made to look a little stupid though because the batsman gave him all the time in the world to think about what he had to do.

From our position it looked fairly straight-forward but it was not easy, I can tell you that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, you're right. Still should have taken it, mind.

Have we got a fourth spinner?! Doesn't Hamilton-Brown bowl offies?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'll take that as a yes, then. What's the world coming to... five Indian seamers in the ODI this week, four English spinners today.

Blaze

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
I'll take that as a yes, then. What's the world coming to... five Indian seamers in the ODI this week, four English spinners today.
I am dissapointed by what I have seen so far tbh. Those English spinners are not going to make it internationaly. (at least on bowling ability)

I want to see a leggie, or a sharp looking tearaway...

It seems fashionable to bowl little off spinners these days.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You can't really make that kind of judgement. The problem is that they are all the same so its fairly easy pickings for India as it's the type of bowling they love to bat against.

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
You can't really make that kind of judgement. The problem is that they are all the same so its fairly easy pickings for India as it's the type of bowling they love to bat against.
I guess the point that I am trying to make is that no one I have seen so far looks 'special'

Jeez brain explosion from the captain...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Blaze said:
I guess the point that I am trying to make is that no one I have seen so far looks 'special'

"No, I'm going to get out in the stupidest way possible..."

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:

Yeah, they're no Jacks.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Gaurav Dhiman is no cousin of Sehwag. The cousin of Sehwag in the u-19 team is Mayank Tehlan, a middle-order batsman from Delhi and he is an aggressive batsman as well more in the mode of his star-cousin.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, you're right. Still should have taken it, mind.

Have we got a fourth spinner?! Doesn't Hamilton-Brown bowl offies?
ye it was a though chance that for John, more of than not he would have had the stumping i'm sure. Also form Watchinf i've been pretty impressed by White's left-arm spin, i saw him bowl when Lancashire Under-17 played the Northhants Under-17 a year ago & looks a good young prosepect as spinner.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chopra pulls a Vaughan and loses off stump to a straight one.

I can't be the only one who thinks it's stupid to have 20 mins batting, then lunch, then the rest of the innings, can I? Whoever thought that up?!